iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::29.11.06::

More Running

Today I went for a run at Princes Park and to make it interesting, I thought I'd do 1 km easy then 2 km hard and repeat. I wanted to run the 2 km in 12 mins (6 min/km pace) since I figure that's about as fast as I can run.

So I set off on the first 2 km section then had to stop to do up my shoelace. Dang! I felt like I was doing a hard yet comfortable pace (I'm actually starting to understand that term) but wasn't sure if I could make it in 12 mins. Got to the marker and checked my watch - 11:13. Oh my.

I jogged very slowly for the next km, thinking I couldn't beat that time and that I'd actually be a lot slower having shot my load but took off for the next 2km trying my hardest. I actually pushed myself as hard as I could for the last 1/2 km, prolly too fast since I finished up feeling rather like vomitting. But I did it in 10:48.

I know that's not fast for a lot of runners but it's much faster than I ever thought I could run. I think what made the difference is that today for the first time since I had my big, rib-bruising fall I've felt confident in staying on my feet. It's only when I started relaxing that I realised I've been tensing up quite a lot when I run and, of course, that leads to get tired more easily and getting all stiff and sore. I really loosened up a lot today and had the most enjoyable run I've had in a long time - well apart from the vomit feeling but I soon got over that.

I've been reading a few of the articles on this site (Chi Running) and really want to get the book when I have spare funds for things like running books. In the meantime, I've been reading snippets of it in Border's Cafe.

having shot my load

AHEM!!!!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 5:21 pm  

compared to my times Kathryn that is faster than a speeding bullet. Good ofr you.

By Blogger michelle, at 6:41 pm  

Kathryn that is amazing!! Well done. Did you figure out how well you did in total for the 6km?

By Blogger Ruune, at 8:38 pm  

You actually make running sound sorta fun...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 pm  

I've never timed my runs but you make me want to!! I love that you're so aware of your abilities and can compare how far you've come. Well done :)

By Blogger Kenz, at 12:32 am  

I agree with the other girls and am inspired. I really appreciate the way you look at things you do and not just from a physical perspective.

The Chi things looks like something I want to read up on so thanks for the link and while I was doing my yoga study the other night, I came across Yoga for Runners. Not sure if you'd be interested but here is the link - http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/192_1.cfm

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 pm  

That Chi Running is very interesting - I think I might learn a lot from it. Thanks for posting that link!

By Blogger M@rla, at 3:47 am  

Hey babe, I've been trying to email you today but it keeps bouncing back saying it just can't deliver. Curious?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Running

Fries

Rants and Raves

A Different Perspective

Matters of Earth Shattering Importance

I'm a Big Fat Fraud

Legend of the Week!

Change of Life

Sleepy!

Ouchies...

archives