iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.11.06::

Running

Man, I hate it when blogger says I have no cookies. Damn you blogger. Now I want cookies. Chocolate chip ones.

Yesterday was the final of the Spring into Shape runs. I didn't expect to do too well on account of having my training interrupted when I hurt my ribs, then late last week I got this ... well I guess you could say I busted my butt, literally. I'm all stiff and achey down the left side. Not sure if it's from running or spin or something else but it hurts.

My friend Simon had decided to do this run with me. Every time I do the SiS runs, I see (and smell) all these people down along the Yarra having bbq bunches. What a crazy, yet altogether wonderful idea. Eggs and bacon and sausages and tomato and all kinds of yum cooked up. So we planned to have a post run bbq brunch.

I'd got some scrummy chicken, fetta and spinach sausages at the market and put them in the freezer ready to bbq. The trouble was, come Sunday morning, I was so in the 'don't forget the sausages' head space that I totally forgot my run number. Yikes! My poor lil pea brain can only hold one thought. I had to pay $5 to get a replacement.

I struggled through the run, having to take a walk break at the 2 km mark (I didn't realise it was the 2 km mark though cos the sign had fallen over and I kept thinking, surely it must be 2km already... then finally got to the 3 km mark). We managed the first lap in 26 minutes (4 km) without being overtaken by any of those super fast runners (that we notices, haven't checked the official results) then I got very tired. My quads felt like they had huge weights strapped to them and my back pained. I had to stop for another walk break so told Simon to go on without me. Cos I'm all noble and self sacrificing like that.

I walked a ways then I ran. I ran fast. Then I got tired so I walked again. I probably would have been been better off just keeping a steady pace but that wouldn't have been nearly so much fun.

I wanted to do the run in under 50 minutes but I got to the last km and realised that it would be impossible. I lost heart for a moment, thinking if I couldn't do it in under 50 minutes then why bother. I could just walk the rest. Luckily that didn't last long. I'd hate being a quitter.

Then I got to the last bit - it's all downhill so I took off as fast as my legs would go. Simon met up with me and ran beside me a ways. I almost ran out of steam before the finish line but made it, cutting 10 seconds off my last time so it was a PB! Woohoo, go me.

Times:

SiS 1 56:38
SiS 2 51:29
SiS 3 51:19

Oh and our bbq brunch was magically delicious afterwards. I shoulda used it as motivation and maybe I'd have finished in record time.

Congratulations!! After reading the weights-strapped-to-calves part I certainly wasn't expecting to hear you had achieved a PB. We're having a BBQ tonight - yum!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 4:55 pm  

Nothing like a good sausage to motivate a girl! LOL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 pm  

That's pretty damn cool - broken ribs and a broken butt AND a broken PB to boot!

By Blogger Sue, at 7:03 am  

Well done Kathryn. The sausages sound yummo.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 am  

Congratulations on making a pb!!
Those sausage sound really yummy:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 am  

Good on you Kathryn. Man, you leave me for dead!!! Great time!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 pm  

I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!

BTW, Tag, you're it! :)

By Blogger Michelle, at 6:37 am  

Nice work on the PB Kathryn - those numbers are falling quite nicely :oD you will be breaking that 50 mins soon...

I hate that feeling in the legs -weights strapped to quads is such a perfect description!

B.

By Blogger beakus, at 10:51 am  

Mmm, good food after a good run (or in my case, yoga class) is the best! Good going with your time babe.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Fries

Rants and Raves

A Different Perspective

Matters of Earth Shattering Importance

I'm a Big Fat Fraud

Legend of the Week!

Change of Life

Sleepy!

Ouchies...

A LIttle Run...

archives