iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::4.12.06::

Stupid Run

I went out for a run althis morning, intending to do an easy 5 km but was enjoying myself so kept going. Ended up doing 11.5 km -- oops! I did end up walking the last couple of kms. My damn running shoes - every time I go for a long run or a run when it's hot, my feet must swell and the shoes get very very tight across the toes causing blisters and pain. I so can't afford new running shoes at the moment so I'm just going to have to put up with it.

Woohoo, I just got a call about a job. Interview tomorrow.

Yesterday I worked out the runs I want to do for the next six months. The main ones are:

1/5 Lorne Mountain to Surf


7/2 - Sunset Series 1 @ Zoo (running through the zoo, how cool is that?)

1/4 - Run For the Kids - I'm so excited about this one.

20/5 - Great Ocean Road Half Marathon

That's a whole world of challenges.

Hi Kathryn!
great to meet you on Saturday - it was so fun and Beck is amazing! 11.5km?? you legend!!
I did the zoo run last year - it's great fun (note to self - must do it in 07). Good luck with your training :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 am  

oh and good luck for the job today!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 am  

Fingers crossed for the job. Very easy to see how you could mistake 5kms for 11.5kms..... not! Have a great day.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 am  

Oh Kathryn, I have been raking my brains trying to think of a race to do before R4K. I completely forgot about the Sunset Series. Thanks :-)
Good luck for the job!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 pm  

On the blisters - check your socks. Cotton isn't the best fabric - it absorbs sweat, stays wet and tends to cause friction, resulting in nasty blisters.

Go for running socks in a synthetic fabric that wicks the moisture away from your skin.

Of course, shoes that fit well are a must too...but as you say, expensive!

By Blogger Kek, at 6:12 pm  

ooh good luck with the interview, fingers crossed for ya! toes and eyes too X-)

Those races sounds great, especially the Great Ocean Rd half.. that'd be spectacular!

By Blogger Shauna, at 12:10 am  

Not sure how 11.5km is stupid!! I'd love to get swept up in the swing of things and suddenly realise I'd just run 5km more that I intended!!! Unfortunately I'm still at the stage where my lungs rather noisily remind me I have done enough.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Partying

Glass Slippers

Email Update

When A Stranger Calls

More Running

Running

Fries

Rants and Raves

A Different Perspective

Matters of Earth Shattering Importance

archives