iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::30.3.07::

PS

I didn't get to be home alone. My housemate decided not to go out. Boo! Hiss!

I have to tell you what he made for dinner tonight because it had me speechless. He put a heap of butter into a frypan then got two crumpets and coated them with butter then fried them and added ham and cheese to the top! Those poor crumpets couldn't have absorbed another gram of butter if they'd tried.

Meanwhile I was making stock for my chicken soup. I've never made stock before. It's damn fiddly. Well fiddly in the way that I had to keep putting down my book and walking to the kitchen to check on it.

I also made stewed peaches because I got a big bag for $1 at the market. I added some grated nutmeg and cardamon pods. They were damn fine cos I tried some with ice cream. I rock at being a domestic goddess.

Tomorrow I'm making pasta for dinner so I can carb load. I got some spinach gnocchi from the market (I actually asked for pumpkin gnocchi but she took so long serving me, I dealt with it) plus a huge bag of tomatoes for $1 and capsicums for $1 a kg, zucchinis for $1 a kg and other stuff. The market seemed to be incredibly cheap today even for the market. I spent less than $20 and got so much food.

I had my radox bath. It rocked. I got out of my awkwardly shaped bathtub and dried myself before I realised I felt no pain. Woohoo! I have a few twinges now but I think they'll be right.

Just to solidify my resolve to be all healed by Sunday, I got out my clothes and packed my race number and stuff into my bag. I'm ready to go. I even made a special playlist for my ipod :) All I need do now is rest and eat carbs! To paraphrase Ralph Wiggum - that's where I'm a viking!

Right, thats what I am doing for my pesky hip!! Heat, Radox and Nurofen Gel...I will work on the iron-like will.

Btw, the oesteopath is on Queens Pde but not sure if it is the same one. If he is that damn hot, maybe I will have to check and switch ;)

Good luck for tomorrow Kathryn :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 am  

I'll bring the noodle with me tomorrow Kathryn :-)

Glad to hear that you will make it for the run.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 am  

Baths are just such magic things!

By Blogger Sue, at 10:10 am  

I am using Jedi mind power to tell my
ankle to heal as well- it is my last chance. Hope the hip is pain free and the mobile phone bill is an incredible stuff up by Telstra for which they are terribly embarassed.

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 11:12 am  

Good luck! Hope you have a great run tomorrow.

By Blogger Kek, at 12:53 pm  

Have a great run Kathryn.

Ralph, I think, is a philospher at heart. He is full of wise sayings. For example: "My nose doesn't bleed when I keep stuff out of it" or something like that. We can all learn something from Ralph.

By Blogger Celeste, at 3:38 pm  

Have a great run tomorrow Kathryn - look forward to your update.

By Blogger Cinders, at 4:23 pm  

Hey Kathryn,

Your housemates lunch sounds like something Homer Simpson might whip up. Like that time he made waffles by pulling out a huge lump of butter, softening it up a bit in the frypan, then wrapping the waffles around it and eating it as a waffle-butter sandwich.

So, what's on your iPod playlist for the run?

By Blogger jo, at 4:42 pm  

OK, LOL at your house mate. I used to have a border, who was(is) also a good mate, but jaysus he used to concoct some weird meals. Add some Branston Pickle and raw onion and that crumpet deal would be right up is alley :-)

Mmm, carbs, I could go some jammy toast right now.....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

I Will Run On Sunday!

Blahs

Donuts

Weigh In - 76.3 kg

Thoughts

Massage

Awful Run

Run

Weird Morning

Happy Buffy Day

archives