iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::28.5.07::

I got the job!

I now have 4-6 weeks of living in clover! Woohoo! The temp agency people weren't happy though and when they told my supervisor at my temp job, she came over and kicked me out! I said I'd finish up the day but she was like - "NO, go. NOW!' So I said, 'Fine, just sign my timesheet.' It's like dude, I'm only doing data entry, it's not like there's a steep learning curve.

The only bad thing about the new job is the 30-40 min drive each way but since my gym suspension at Fitness First ends on Wednesday, I figure I can go to the gym on the way home. I'm also planning some before-work runs even though it will kill me. And, yes I know that isn't a long commute for most people but I'm used to walking to work (which actually takes about 45 minutes but it's multi-tasking). Driving to work shits me because it requires concentration and focus.

Congratulations!! FFS, you're a temp. They wouldn't hesitate to flick you the instant your services are no longer required. With the labour shortage out there it's time for temps to get their own back!

PS. I like your suggestion of projects I can only start once exams are over...so much so that I had already thought of it and a truckload of yarn is winging it's way to me as we speak. So far I have not touched the Up Series, but I am thinking I will need to give it to someone else to babysit if it's to last until after exams. Urgh @ being my own worst enemy!!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 11:54 pm  

Congratulations! So funny that they behave like that- glad you are getting away from them.

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 8:54 am  

Well done babe! Stuff the temp job, you don't owe them anything. You'll get used to the travel I reckon. I've had to and running in the morning is so cool. Both temperature wise and fun. I have to get up at 5-5.30am to run/walk/yoga but it's worth it and you warm up within 5 mins of brisk walking anyway. With travel, I am always too buggered to exercise after work so it's a good idea to try and get it out of the way in the morning. A great way to start the day and your metabolism :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 9:42 am  

Congratulations on getting the job Kathryn.

I used to do temp work and I always felt like I had to work around the people I worked for, whereas I took the temp work so that I could work around what I wanted to do.

If you need something to do in the car, you could always invest in a little dictaphone and create some new short stories by talking rather than writing (does that make sense?).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 am  

Congratulations on the new job!
I'm sure you'll get used to the commute, it will seem like a shock at first but you'll work out a new routine.

By Blogger Sarah, at 10:29 am  

Congrats, knew it would happen. What a pratt that supervisor was. As CKK says, you're a temp, you're doing a temporary service, the reason most people choose this sort of job is so they can pick and choose.

Maybe the drive will be some good "contemplation" time. I always think heaps while driving.

By Blogger Jules, at 12:12 pm  

Good for you Kathryn. With a bit of luck it might lead to more and its one more reference which is good.

Think of all the exercises you could do in a car. Sucking in abs, sucking in pelvic floor.....ahmmmmm well that's about it really. Pelvic floor should be good and strong after a month.

By Blogger Debstar, at 2:04 pm  

Woo hoo for clover is all I can say!

By Blogger Chris H, at 4:48 pm  

Congratulations on your new job!!

By Blogger Moody, at 10:30 pm  

yay! but i am still in shock that you did an 11km run! fark!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 pm  

Congratulations on the job kathryn.

I'm not at all surprised to hear about your temp agency's reaction. I'm doing the whole job hunting thing myself at the moment and I'm amazed at the way the recruitment agencies here in Canberra work. Sheesh.

Good luck with the commute. Perhaps you'll be able to come up with a piece on road rage. You'll probably notice all the cyclists now that you've become one.

By Blogger Kathy, at 9:57 pm  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

By Blogger Beee, at 2:47 pm  

Congrats on the job Kathryn - that is great!

By Blogger Andrew(ajh), at 8:29 pm  

Fabulous news on the job front Kathryn even if you do have to travel a bit :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Lousy Run

Dilemma

Pirates

Ouch

Town Bike

Things

Run

Weigh In - 76.9 Kgs

Woolly Issues

Weigh In 77.8 kgs

archives