iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::14.5.07::

Weigh In 77.8 kgs

I'm back to posting my weekly weight because it keeps me honest. I'm down from last week, woohoo! Although my weight was doing weird stuff last week, it's a kg down from the week before too.

I did some checking last night and knitting burns 40 calories an hour more than just sitting in front of the telly. If I knit for 10 hours a week then I've burnt enough to eat a Choc Top. That rules.

Last night I finished my sock. It's pretty damn awesome - if I had a camera, I'd post a pic - but it's too big for me. I decided instead of knitting a pair of too big socks, I'll keep this one as a test sock and start on a new, smaller pair. Then I'm going to make these. Also in the to-do pile is a hat with ears, more slippers and I'm awfully tempted to try a short sleeved, angora cardi.

Btw if anyone wants some knitted slippers, I'm your girl. Just leave me a comment or send an email and for a few bucks to cover wool and postage, I'll knit you up some spiffy slippers.

wow- you are a knitting weight loss machine! Is the knitting the secret to the weight loss because I need to find myself some knitting needles- though I need mum to do the first row for me!

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 6:31 pm  

Excellent, get me some knitting needles!

Seriously, I wish I had the patience for it, well done.

Good job on the weight loss to.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 pm  

OMG those socks are the coolest ever :)

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 9:39 am  

Right, thats it!! I am off to find that beanie I started 2 years ago and finish it off, lol!

I love those socks, they are awesome :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 am  

oooh pick me pick me!! I want some slippers puhlease! :)
frazzledmumof2@aol.com

By Blogger Lisa C, at 5:53 pm  

I find knitting takes just a smidgen too much coordination for me. However I like crochet - I've made a couple of beanies (soooo easy) so the sock/slipper thing could be an extension of that I guess. I like the idea of crocheting in front of the TV AND burning calories. Plus it keeps my hands busy so I can't pop food into my mouth with quite so much ease. Now it's getting colder I might pick up the needle again.

By Blogger Celeste, at 10:10 am  

OK first of all you MUST promise me that you're going to wear the tulip socks WITH your sandals, secondly I would like to wait and get in the queue for the hat with ears, 'thankyouverymuch'
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 2:40 pm  

LOVE the socks! I think writing stuff on your blog definitely helps keep you honest.

Hey, I'm going to start running next week!! I'll post about it later...thanks for being one of my main inspirations :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 4:22 pm  

OO OO OOO!!!! I was only just saying how I badly need some warm socks! I would Love love LOVE a pair, and will pay your named knitting fee. How exciting!!! My email is on my page if you need it :)

By Blogger Kenz, at 10:39 pm  

Respectfully, you might want to wash and dry that too-big sock a few times, just to make sure it really IS too big. (I'm a big believer in the You Never Know principle.)

It would suck to knit a pair of fit-you-now socks and wash them, and find out that they were, as a result, fit-someone-else socks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 am  

Oh, wow! You really have caught the knitting bug. Great about the calorie burning too!
My first pair seemed a tiny bit small, but they do tend to stretch once on so I now knit them all that size. You will soon work out what is right for you.
Love the pattern on the heel of the striped socks. Knitty.com is great isn't it.

By Blogger Suzy, at 9:24 am  

I am a fan of knitting but I only ever manage scarves :)

By Blogger Kathryn, at 9:40 am  

Oh yes! Please knit me some slippers. I'll even send you fun yarn to do them with. I've lost nearly 55 kgs and my old slippers just don't fit :/

morefablessflab@gmail.com

lessflabmorefab.blogspot.com

*S*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Socks

Oops!

Helmet

Crazy Weight

Weekend

Work... hard

Productive Day

Supergirl

Run

Blerk

archives