iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::5.5.07::

Weekend

Woohoo - it's the weekend. When you aren't working, you don't have weekends, just days where there are more people around. What a week - I've seen a million envelopes and stuffed them all. My hands are a mess of paper cuts. I'm going back on Monday, they have a few things that need finishing off. Hopefully the cuts will have healed by then.

I learned something about myself this week. I've always mocked the way my stars say I'm a pedantic Virgo. As if. Yet working with a group of other temps this week, I've almost gone insane because they do things wrong. I don't care how mundane the task, there is a right way to do things. Yesterday afternoon we had to work on a huge mail out in pairs and two of the women had some system going that was moronically slow and plodding. One of the other girls and I finished all our work and wanted to help them but they wanted to do it on their own. That's all well and good but it was almost 5 o'clock and I had plans for after work.

Then at the end of the day, we all handed over our timesheets to get them signed and faxed off and one of the guys realised he still had to download the form from the net and fill it. I say if you care that little about being paid, then go without. This was at 5 after 5 and I'd put down 5.00 as my finishing time! I don't work unpaid overtime because of someone else's incompetence so I went to the loos and changed into my running gear.

After work, I met up with Simon and we went for a run. We'd planned to trial the Run to the G route but ended up skipping the bits around Flinders St and Fed Square. Still did about 8 km but I had to walk heaps of it because there are no freakin' public toilets around the G!

Today I'm going to the market then plan to do a heap of cooking. Tomorrow we're going over to get all our stories that Andrew's downloaded for us - Supernatural, Heroes, Grey's Anatomy... I think that's it. Then we're going to loll around watching them all.

Oh and when I said The Godfather was an awful long movie I meant it was loooonng not awful. I've got a big crush on the young Al Pacino at the moment. We also watched Dog Day Afternoon this week. What a fantastic movie. I've never seen it before. It's very funny in places yet such a sad story. Go rent it.

Airlie - I think I've posted my chicken soup recipe before but I can't find it. It's dead easy. You just need some good quality chicken soup then add heaps of garlic and ginger, onion, thinly sliced carrot, bok choy or spinach, capsicum and some chili if you want. If you want to be more authentic, you could add a little Vietnamese fish sauce but I don't. Then chuck in some noodles, hokkien are good. When it's ready, add some thinly sliced chicken breast and a handful of chopped coriander (oh yeah, you can also add the coriander roots and stems to the soup). But the other night, I got mine from a Vietnamese place in Richmond.

I know exactly where you are coming from. When I used to be the PA at an accountants I would never accept help from anyone because they never do it the right way. It doesn't matter how little or insignificant the task, it has to be done correctly. I think there is a name for it - control freak!! LOL

By Blogger Jules, at 1:30 pm  

Ouch to paper cuts, they are the pitts! Hope you have a wonderful weekend....

By Blogger Chris H, at 4:24 pm  

sounds as though the myotherapy is helping and your hip is recovering well. Yay!

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 7:46 am  

I loved Dog Day Afternoon... when I saw it in 1977. Must get hold of a DVD.

By Blogger Kek, at 9:46 am  

Ooooowwww, paper cuts! If you want the technical story, it's because there is quite a bit of acid in paper, and also because there are tiny wood fibres left in the cuts...

By Blogger Sue, at 7:54 pm  

I don't like cooking much. Pity you couldn't just deliver your soup to me. That would be nice.

By Blogger Debstar, at 10:48 pm  

People with an inefficient system of doing anything bug me too- maybe I am a virgo after all- I have been hiding behind my messy desk and denying it all along.

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 6:39 pm  

Which place do you get your soup from? My favourite place is Pho Dzung. (208 Victoria St)
Have found a couple fo nice places here in L.A. but they still don't compare, especially sicne they don't have the blood jelly. :(

By Blogger Kada, at 7:22 am  

Bwahaha...I'm a pedantic Virgo too but I try to keep it secret LOL. Shame people still notice ;-)

By Blogger Mary, at 8:14 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Work... hard

Productive Day

Supergirl

Run

Blerk

I went for a run yesterday, well mostly for a walk...

Crafty

Diet Advice

Do I Look Fat in This?

Hair

archives