iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::23.8.05::

I Did It

I walked home from work. All the way! I am the walking star. Horrah for me! It took me 80 minutes but I did it all. Woohoo! I'm on a high.

I thought I'd be doing a good job to make it half way but I got half way and kept going. I got about 3/4 of the way and was going to flake. If you know Melbourne then it was at the corner of Smith Street and Alexandra Parade, outside the Officeworks. I could feel a few blisters brewing and the legs were getting very tired. I thought to myself, this is far enough. This is a grand effort. I could see the tram in the distance and I pushed the button for the lights on Alexandra Parade. Then I made a deal with myself - if the lights changed before the tram got to the stop, I'd walk the rest of the way. Damn slow old Melbourne trams. So I kept on going, much aided by the rockin' mix tape my good friend David made me. Nothing like a bit of TISM to get you going.

I think it is about 5 kms from my office to home. I want to clock it in the car sometime when the traffic is quiet.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a rest day - maybe go to the pool then Thursday I have another appointment with my counsellor straight after work but think I'll go to Pump class. Then Friday I will walk home again, this time even faster. Friday is the best day for walking home from work cos it's casual clothes day so I don't have to do the uber-daggy thing of wearing my runners with a work suit. I hate that look.

Oh yeah, I also got my punk rock aerobics book I ordered from Ebay. I did 15 minutes of punk rock aerobics before breakfast. I haven't mastered many of the moves yet so mostly it was just spazzy dancing but the calories burn up all the same.

There are two things I'll do differently next time though - firstly I'm not wearing a coat to work, no matter how cold it is in the morning and secondly, I'm going to NOT leave my water bottle on the desk at work.

*** Updated to say: I just did a search on whereis.com.au and the distance was 5.61 kms and estimated travel time by foot is 1 Hr 56 Mins - ha ha - I did it in 1 hr 20 mins. I rock hard.

Great Job, Kathryn! I'm thrilled you found your way home on foot -- the beginning of very natural thin person type living: looking for ways to exercise that fit into your natural day.

By Blogger not specified, at 9:55 pm  

It's so true. I'd have never done 5 kms on the treadmill at the gym. I'm bored to death after the first five mins. Fitting exercise into your daily life just makes more sense. And it only took me an extra 40 mins to get home - that would have been driving, getting changed etc time for the gym anyway :)

By Blogger Kathryn, at 10:20 pm  

Wooohooooooooo - well done - what a grea effort !
Take care and be good !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 4:53 pm  

Good job! Nice to see a diet blogger making some headway. I hope to join your ranks soon...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 pm  

You rock big time. LOL at leaving your bottle at work. Done that. Bugger. That is a huge walk. Well done. :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:18 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Foiled

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 3

This Week

An Attack of the Blahs

Therapy

Thanks and Things

A Big Fat History of Me - Part 2

Another Quickie

Just a Quickie

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 1

archives