iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::18.8.05::

Thanks and Things

I'd like to thank people for their great response to my post's about my life history, and for not thinking I'm an egotistical knob. I've been finding it really helpful to sort through all my old memories. There's a lot of stuff I've never thought of before, especially in relation to weight gain and that type of thing. It's a good thing, not to dwell in the past but to get an understanding of it in order to learn and move on.

Thinking about when I was younger has made me remember how much joy I got from drawing so today I went to an art supply stores and got a sketchbook and a very nifty pencil kit thing - it is a fold over wallet with colour pencils, lead pencils, rubber, pencil sharpener etc. I love it. I really want to get stuck into creating some Art. Well if not art, then something. I spent three years at art school just to realise that I care more about the process of creating, that feeling of being wrapped up in the actual doing, than I ever will about the finished product. It's taken me even longer to realise that that's okay. It is great to have things in life that you do for the pure joy of doing it rather than for any other reason.

Finally, I posted on the forum over at Diet Club, but thought I should post here as well. I'm looking for people who are interested in going on some fun runs with me. If you live in Melbourne and are interested, then check out the Spring Into Shape fun runs and then leave a comment or something. Me, fun running, I mean walking. Who'd have thunk it?

I think it is great that you have something that you enjoy doing and the outcome is irrelevant. I find typing very therapeutic - I think on of the reasons some of my posts are so long !!!!! I miss mailing my folks every day because it was time I could just sit and let me fingers go.
Take care and hope you have GREAT fun with your art kit !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 4:28 pm  

Kathryn

I'm doing the Queen of the Lake run at Albert Park on Sunday. It's both a fun run and a walk, so if you don't want to enter the "run" you can enter the walk instead. There's either a 5km or 10km one. Here's the link:
http://www.ausrun.com.au/

Would love to say hi if you decide to go.

By Blogger Jaykay, at 9:48 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

A Big Fat History of Me - Part 2

Another Quickie

Just a Quickie

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 1

Treats

Punk Rock Aerobics

Grateful

Question

Thoughts On A Saturday Afternoon

Regrets, I've Had A Few

archives