iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::13.8.05::

Thoughts On A Saturday Afternoon

I have been thinking of going back to the gym. I guess that means I'm starting to feel better. I'm still not 100% though - I'll start running errands then just get a huge energy slump and want to go home to bed. Still got to go back to work Monday (if I don't work, I don't get paid - the suckage of contracting). And, as much as I'd like to get back into the gym, as much for the social aspect as the exercise because it gets kinda lonely being at home alone sick (thank heavens for my lovely commenters), I have decided that I'm going to take it easy this week. I don't know how soon I can get back into it but figure it will be good to workout on my own for a week. My monthly gym membership ran out yesterday, damn it.

I have hand weights at home, the heaviest being 1.5 kilos while I was using 3-4 kilo weights at the gym but I figure I can do a week of weights using them until I feel stronger and also do some walking around the 'hood. That should be enough.

***

I was in a cafe the other day and had an inspiration - they were using those oven proof ramekins and I think I want to get some. I sometimes find it hard to think up ideas for meals just for myself and I don't want to use the oven here - it is scary. But I have a little toaster oven of my own so if I had some rammekins I could make baked stuff in them, like shephard's pie or other things like that. Even some yummy low-fat fruit crumbs for desserts. Hoorah!

***

My eating is under control now. Still not as good as I'd like it to be, but not insane like it was a few days ago. In fact I've had to force myself to eat today so as not to skip meals.

***

I have a mouse. Little bastard, was chomping away on something last night and woke me up. Well, I wouldn't like to say I was obsessive, but I couldn't rest until I found it. I sat up half the night with a broom in my hand waiting for it to appear. Of course I had to play a few games of Spider Solitaire at 3.00 am because nothing scares meece like a game of Solitaire. I got some baits today so I hope that fixes it. I have a feeling it was in under the floorboards because I couldn't flush it out. Damn, I hate mice.

***

I have no plans for tonight so I am thinking of having a girl's night in for one. I have a couple of face mask sachets and I might hire a girlie-girl movie to watch. Should be good.

I know you mentioned this before, but I can hear echoes in your post of how much it sucks to be single when you're sick (of course it can suck when you're married too, and even worse, if your spouse ignores the fact that you're sick and expects you to carry on with the shopping, housework and cooking even though). Glad you're on the mend and glad that you're thinking about what would work for you exercise wise and otherwise. I'm going to try a light workout today at the gym myself and see how it goes.

By Blogger not specified, at 9:04 pm  

And all along I thought I had to get traps for the mice. D'oh. Now I know to play solitaire. Thanks ;)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:49 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Regrets, I've Had A Few

Getting There

Hell's Bells

Lose The Chair!

Mega Bingefest, Son of Binge-A-Rama

Habits of Thin People

Sick and Tired Binge-A-Rama

Kathryn Needs To Learn

Yikes!

Slacker Me

archives