iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::9.8.05::

Lose The Chair!

There is an exercise that you often read about that you can use to conceptualise your weight lose - the one were you go to the supermarket or somewhere and get a bag of spuds or some tubs of lard or whatever equal to the amount you've lost and try to lift them.

I've always thought that was a big hokey myself. Then tonight I bought a new computer chair. It was so heavy. I had to drag it in from the car (it was unassembled otherwise I could have wheeled it in, damnit) then drag it to my room. My poor little arms were aching and my back was killing me. I thought I was going to die.

When I got it inside I noticed something on the box. The chair weighs 16.3 kilograms. That is just a little less than I have lost off my body. I used to carry a damn computer chair around on me!

Sure that 16.3 kilos were evenly(ish) distributed around my body so it wasn't like my puny arms were taking the brunt of the weight but it is still a damn lot to haul around. And, to be honest, I'd much rather have my computer chair under my arse than on it.

Wooohooooo for those realisation times when we look back at what we have accomplished !!! Good for you.
Take care and have a great day !
Me
PS - hope you are starting to feel much better now. Lotsa hugs !

By Blogger Me, at 2:06 pm  

LOL. Brilliant post. It is hokey but shit it makes you realise what you have already done. Soon you will have shifted a whole furniture store. Well maybe not a whole one ;)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:33 pm  

OH wow!!!

That's such a great non scale victory Hun. It's always a beautiful thing when we get some perspective.

Good for you!

By Blogger Dee, at 11:54 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Mega Bingefest, Son of Binge-A-Rama

Habits of Thin People

Sick and Tired Binge-A-Rama

Kathryn Needs To Learn

Yikes!

Slacker Me

Snuffle

Trust

All Of Me

Things To Look Forward To #1

archives