iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::28.8.05::

Spud

I've been craving a baked spud from the spud shop down the street for days.  A couple of times I've cooked jacket potatoes at home but it just isn't the same, so today I got one for lunch.  Then I came home and worked out the calories – whoa!  By my calculations (which are a rough estimation at best), it was around 850 calories or 3400 kilojoules.  

If I'm at the supermarket looking at food and it has more than 2000 kilojoules then I drop it like a hot potato (no pun intended).  That is a lot of kilojoules in one meal, but it was damn good.

Still next time, because there will be a next time, I might make a few modifications.  I usually get hommus instead of sour cream but I think if I got the hommus instead of the sour cream and butter it would cut back a lot of the kilojoules and fat.  Also, if I get them to go easy on the cheese then I could cut out a lot more.  

Still I had a light brekkie, and if I have light dinner I should be right.

I think I'm getting a relapse of the flu again.  I have the chilly-sweats and keep sneezing.  Worst of all, I have no energy at all.  It sucks.  I'd like to work that spud off but all I want to do is sleep.

Hope you don't get a relapse. Yum, I love hot spuds.

By Blogger Suzy, at 2:40 pm  

Hope you are feeling better soon and don't land up having a relapse. Take care of yourself and hope you have a good week !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 3:06 pm  

Hey, thanks for stopping by.

I like spuds too ...have you been to spudatoes in westgarth...yummo.

Hope you feel better soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 pm  

Thanks guys. Lucinda, you must be a mind reader - that's where I got my spud :)

By Blogger Kathryn, at 8:16 pm  

Wouldn't it be nice if excess carbohydrates and fat made us feel like exercising instead of taking a nap? Anytime I eat something like a loaded baked potato, I might as well just turn down the bed because I'm headed to dreamland shortly thereafter. Hope you don't relapse. It's very debilitating to struggle with illness whilst trying to otherwise lose weight, work and live life.

By Blogger not specified, at 8:43 pm  

Freaky....

I love their brocolli spud...I have not had one since I started ww...I keep thinking about them though...but with the two salads...they are huge...but yummo.

Your resident mind reader

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 pm  

Seriously, how is it that the traditional toppings for spuds include cheese, bacon, butter, and sour cream?? I'm going to try salsa or some other spices next time I make a baked potato.

As long as I lightly oil and salt the potatoes before I bake, the skins are tasty enough to eat with any topping!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Studies Show...

Today

Friends: A Rant

Sick Again

Take That, Plateau. Blam. Whap.

Weird Day

A Challenge!

I Did It

Foiled

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 3

archives