iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::25.8.05::

Weird Day

Nearly every day I have sushi or rice paper rolls for lunch, except yesterday when I made the mistake of having a panini from Hudsons. Today I really fancied something a bit different so wondered around the food court near work (I can't believe I used to have that disgusting food in the bain maries every day for lunch, it makes me feel ill to look at it now).

I wandered down the side alleyway and found a Sumos Salads so thought I'd give that a try. They had no nutritional info about their food so I thought one of the Lean and Green salads was a safe bet. I looked it up when I got back to work and the Lean and Green salads have MORE calories and fat than most of the other salads on their menu. So I sent off an email off to the company. That is just poor form. I could have had the Thai Beef salad instead of my Low GI Salad and had half the calories plus 4 grams of fat instead of 20!

After work I had to go see my shrink again. It was an interesting session but I left feeling very drained. I'd tried to keep my calories (except for that salad) low today so I could have a Lean Cuisine lasagne for dinner but I just didn't have it in me to microwave it so I headed off to Pump Class thinking I'd eat later.

I can't believe how weak I was in pump class - I had to use the lowest weights - but I'll bounce back.

After class I called in to see my son and realised I was feeling incredibly weak and tired and spacey. Oops, low blood sugar. Doesn't happen to me much (low blood sugar is more prevalent for people with type 1 diabetes but can happen with type 2 if you don't eat enough or skip meals especially when you are taking medication to lower your blood sugar).

My old method of dealing with it was to not eat - because I get too tired to even think about heating something and when I get like that, nothing appeals to me, or else to grab convenience/takeaway food and scoff it down. It's a weird feeling but I'd even get so calling a pizza was too much of an effort. That would mean, however, that I'd call a pizza but eat whatever was to hand while waiting for it.

But this is the new and improved me. I was in the supermarket and instead of grabbing quick fixes, I got some quick and easy and good GI food - an apple to have straightaway and some baked beans for when I got home.

I'm still feeling weaker than a new born kitten but a good night's sleep should see me bright and sparkly like new.

Well done on choosing the low GI food. Have a wonderful weekend.

By Blogger Suzy, at 6:34 am  

Thanks Suzie :)

By Blogger Kathryn, at 7:38 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

A Challenge!

I Did It

Foiled

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 3

This Week

An Attack of the Blahs

Therapy

Thanks and Things

A Big Fat History of Me - Part 2

Another Quickie

archives