iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::9.9.05::

Thanks, Guys!

Wow, thanks for all the congratulatory messages (well except for Mr Anon who managed to slip his spammy message through the filter). You know, I think one of the key ingredients in making this work is having so much online support.

I'm not a member of Weight Watchers or any other RL weight loss groups and it can be hard to go this alone. But all I have to do is get online and know that there are so many others out there that are going through the same thing. It is the best support group in the world!

Whether it's through reading a post by someone going through the same thing and knowing I'm not alone; reading something that triggers a 'cha-ching' moment; getting recipes or exercise ideas from someone else or taking my thoughts out online rather than to the fridge, not to mention all the supportive comments - sometimes the whole blogging things is all that keeps me going.

I laughed when I read M & Debra's comments because the first thing I did when I bought my notebook was to write a dedication to myself inside (I got a groovy silver pen to go with the red paper). Almost psychic really.

This journal is to commemorate me losing 20 kilograms. I did it. It wasn't always easy but i kept on going and didn't give up. I've worked hard to get to where I am today and I'm proud of me. I'm far healthier and stronger than I was 12 months ago and I will continue getting healthier and stronger.

It is my choice how I deal with things and if I let lifte topple me. If I respond like an angry child it doesn't "show" anyone - it just hurts me. The best way to show people is to be the healthiest, strongest, best me possible.

This journal is to celebrate me and my beauty. I can do it, the only thing holding me back is me, the only thing taking me forward is me. It's all about me.

Love that dedication!

By Blogger Sue, at 3:37 am  

That dedication is honest and inspirational. Congrats on your 20k loss.

By Blogger michelle, at 6:35 am  

Fantastic dedication!

We went to 'Spudatoes' last night....yumm!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 am  

It is all about you and acknowledging that it's your responsibilty as well is the biggest step to achieving this and making it stick! I look forward to following your journey some more :-) Thanks for sharing!

By Blogger Mary, at 10:52 am  

What a fabulous dedication - and WOOHOO on getting the spiffy notebook and sexy silver pen! :)

By Blogger jak, at 12:49 pm  

You're damn straight it's all about you. It always has been :)

Hope the next part of your journey is as, or more, successful than the part already completely. Am so jealous of that red notebook right now LOL

By Blogger Margaret, at 10:10 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Victory is Mine!

Eating More

Committed

Meat and Three Veg

Red

Deadset

Boxing

Life on a Monday

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 4

Dreams

archives