iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::9.6.06::

Shopping

I went shopping today and got a Svelte Belt (as used by KT). It doesn't do miracles but it helps.

I also got a pair of woollen slouchie sox. They are so warm, my toes are toastie *sigh*.

This Svelte Belt takes me back. Is it just me or did anyone else's mother make them wear "step-ins" when they were younger? "Suckin' ya gut in undies" or "plastic pants" we use to call them.

I'd always bitch and moan because they were so much the opposite of sexy and Mum would be like - you have to wear them or your stomach sticks out too much. You just knew you'd never get lucky if any guy saw you wearing them. But then maybe you'd not get lucky if anyone could see how much your gut really stuck out either. It was a double edged sword.

My trick, if I thought some guy was interested at the end of the night, was to run to the loo and put them in my handbag (thank god we used to carry those jumbo sized doctor's bags in those days). You had to pick your moment - too soon and you'd be revealing your ginormousness, too late ... and it would be too late. Once they'd slipped a hand up your skirt, the goose was cooked.

And damn it, I just realise what a tart young thing I must have been. No wonder Mum made me wear those step-ins. It wasn't to suck my gut in at all. I bet it was meant as some kind of modern day chastity belt.

God, they sound awful!

By Blogger Sue, at 8:11 pm  

I had a huge pair or sucky in pants that were the size of cycling shorts! I remember once on holiday I pulled a young man who was staying in the room next to mine. I had to make an excuse to nip back to my room so I could remove the skin tight knickers at the right moment!

Ahhh- the memories!

By Blogger Lainey, at 8:41 pm  

Ohhhhh, littlegrover beat me to the Bridget Jones undies comment! Not fair ;) But it's so true - the chance of meeting a boy is directly proportionate to the ugliness of the undies!

By Blogger Ails, at 11:44 pm  

Bwahaha, this all sounds so complicated. Never heard of a Svelte Belt??

By Blogger Mary, at 8:45 am  

Sounds a bit like a pair of Nancy Ganz pants. I have two pairs of those, I hate the bastards as they're phenomenally uncomfortable but the best thing about them is that they stop me eating or drinking too much. The moment my gut starts expanding in them, they start to cut into me!

By Blogger Sarah, at 9:18 am  

LOL at the chastity belt! Moms are smart that way, aren't they? :)

By Blogger Zara, at 9:44 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 71.1 kgs

Update

Sick ... Again

The Awful Tooth

Pills and Pissiness...

Warning

Cars

Lies...

Sick

71.5 kgs - The Final Countdown!

archives