iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::5.3.05::

Blah

Tonight I was feeling discouraged, like I'm making no progress at all. You can't even notice the 6 kgs I've lost. I tried on a dress that used to be tight on me; it's still tight on me. It just felt like nothing was happening. I wanted to give it all up.

Then I thought - what else is there? What is the alternative? And, in all honesty, there is none. It isn't like this is a diet for a day or a month or a year. My health is failing and this is the ONLY way to fix it. The only way. Without these lifestyle changes I'll become increasingly dependant on drugs while my body deteriorates. I'll risk blindness and amputation and recurring outbreaks of thrush. To paraphrase - diabetes is for life, not just for Christmas.

So I told my inner petulant child to shut the hell up; told my inner bimbo to get lost. Deep down I know that I'm doing the right thing, the only thing. This is my life now. This is the way it has to be.

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Sick or Sick of It?

Weigh In

The Fat Girl

Photo

Slackness

A Short and Ranty Post

Stuff

Stuff

Yet another post, oh I love to procrastinate....

Pick

archives