iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.3.05::

Stuff

Until I started on my 'diet', Andrew and I would get a family sized block of chocolate to share a couple of times a week (ok, maybe more). One of my excuses for not losing weight was that he always nagged me for chocolate. I wasn't my fault, it was his.

After telling him a few times that I don't want chocolate and if he wants it, he can buy it himself, he's stopped asking. It was really easy. I should have done that years ago for both our sakes. Of course, having lots of snacks like fruit and corn thins free available helps.

***

When I got weighed last week, my friend took my measurements as well. I compared them to the measurements I took when I started and the results seemed a little biazzre. My hips had gone down about 8 cm but my waist had increased by around 6 cm. I think there could be a lack of consistency in the measuring points. There is no way jose, that you could lose weight and put on 6 cm around the waist. I think maybe I went under the fat rolls and he went over or something like that.

My sister has suggested getting a tattoo so I know which point I measure at.

***

Crumpets with banana and cinammon are the best.

***

I went swimming last night earlier than my usual time and it was awful. Except for 3 lap lanes, the pool was all closed off for swimming lessons. That meant the lap lanes were hideously overcrowded. As one woman said to me - it was worse than peak hour traffic. On top of that, a bunch of teenagers decided to play around in my lane. For once the pool attendants actually said something but the kids just argued back. I think the problem is that they have these really young pool attendants so they have no authority. It bugged me too that they will tell off a bunch of kids but never bother about the middle aged dudes that just stand around in the lap lanes not swimming. One guy just stood at the end of the pool for the whole time I was swimming watching everyone. He really crept me out.

On top of that, some woman kept hoiking up phlegm and spitting. How frigging gross.

Then there were a few women with their kids in the change rooms. I can understand having to take young boys in to the women's change rooms - like infants, but these boys were about 8 years old. Surely they are too old to be in there.

So I've decided that I'm going to go to a different pool. There is another one quite close, although not walking distance, that is new and clean and far more regulated. I get the feeling that my local pool only cares about the cash they make from swimming lessons and doesn't care about anyone else.

Oh, I hate those guys that stand perving at the end of the lanes! Grrrr.

As for the spitting - that's disgusting. I'd definitely be changing pools.

By Blogger kimba, at 1:28 pm  

Yeah I left the pool not long after the spitting incident. The thought of other people's bodily fluids in the water is almost enough to put me off swimming anyway.

By Blogger Kathryn, at 9:42 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Stuff

Yet another post, oh I love to procrastinate....

Pick

Little Decision

After pics

Things

Good and Bad

Sore

I am the greatest!

Oh no

archives