[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*


Weigh In

Tonight I got weighed and I'd only lost .4 kgs. I was pretty disappointed. I did overindulge on Friday night and probably ate more than I should on Sunday as well but I've been exercising every day and mostly been good about my food.

I did another measurement as well. My friend did one last week and I was sure his results weren't right (according to his measurements I'd put on 6 cm on the waist... wtf!). So I've lost 2cm from my hips and waist. I was a little disappointed at that too.

So the plan for this week is:

1. make sure I use my diet diary to write down everything I eat
2. make sure I keep up the water
3. keep up the exercise and try to increase incidental exercise as well. For example, when I do classes at my gym the price includes a swim, spa and sauna. I have only been doing the classes but maybe now I'll do some light swimming afterwards. It will be a nice cool down for me and will keep me working (the spa could be nice too especially if I get in early before the hairy backed old dudes).

I was discussing the amount of fruit I eat (ie. a lot) with my friends and they had differing opinions. Firstly, some background about my friends - they are a gay couple. Neither of them are overweight but, like most gay guys like to look their best. S swings between overeating and the latest diet plan - no carbs are big at the moment, and is always doing things to work out, be it swimming training or triathalons or whatever. He is always making a conscious effort to keep his diet and exercise just right but tends to go from one extreme (eg. eating cream straight from the fridge) to the other (total no carb diet).

T on the other hand doesn't believe in diets or making an effort to exercise or anything like that. He eats what he likes, when he likes but seems to have pretty healthy eating habits about 90% of the time, the other 10% mostly involves icecream. And, while he doesn't exercise, he walks about 10 kms a day - to and from work then during the day as part of his job.

So when the whole fruit issue came up, T had the opinion that eating as much fruit as you liked, whenever you liked was the way to go while S thinks that fruit is pure carbs and should be eaten in small quantities and never at night.

I'm not so sure. Of course, like everything else, moderation is probably the key. Maybe I should try to restrict myself to a few pieces of fruit everyday and keep it at that.


This morning was boxercise class. I woke up and that voice in my head was telling me all the reasons I shouldn't go so I decided to treat it like I treat my mother and just let it go on talking while I calmly went about getting myself ready.



current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs



boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm


Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats


my writing blog


The Fat Girl



A Short and Ranty Post



Yet another post, oh I love to procrastinate....


Little Decision

After pics