iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::23.9.05::

Gain!

Urrrgh! I put on nearly a kilo this week. It's not unexpected by still I'm mad. I got on the scales this morning and I was so angry. I felt like stamping my feet and shaking my fist. Like yelling at the person to blame...

Then I realised, there's no one to yell at. I could evoke the Great God of the Camry Digital Scales but I don't think He cares. I could justify blaming half a dozen people around me but that would take some mental gymnastics. I could blame myself and take to my bed in a fit of self loathing. But, what's the point of that?

I know I overindulged last weekend, but not that much. Sure I drank some booze and ate a few chocolates and there was that potato and cheese pancake at the Pancake Parlour. But most of the time, I made the best choices in some hard situations. And I exercised.

My sister ate like I did and lost a kilo because she "did so much walking cos she was shopping all weekend". She didn't do a fun run. She didn't push herself.

But what can I do? I've been good for the rest of the week. I've worked hard and eaten well. If I keep going like this, I'll have a loss next week. And the one after, and the one after.

This is the pure joy of being a woman. It doesn't matter what you do, if you are going to retain a bit of fluid, it is gonna happen whether you excercise like a demon or not. Just go with it and realise that next week will probably be a 1kg or more loss once that fluid pisses right back off to where it belongs.

By Blogger Jules, at 8:10 am  

UUrrrrrrghhhhhhhh - totally understand how you feel. Try to stick at it this week so that it can show in the future. The trouble is we all want to see it coming off NOW !!!
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 9:13 am  

Hopefully it will be gone next week!
Don't sisters that lose more really piss you off...lol
Have a great week:)

By Blogger Leighanne, at 9:26 am  

If only I had the courage !!!!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.
Have a great one and take care !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 10:11 am  

Nevermind -- the body can pull a fast one on you from time to time and it seems unrelated to any kind of reality. Continuing on the right path is what makes the difference, not any one weigh in. Go, Kathryn!

By Blogger not specified, at 12:11 pm  

Don't let it get to you. You are doing the right things and next week will be better.

By Blogger Suzy, at 4:28 pm  

You are doing lots of great things mate - so don't let this ONE thing get you down - spur on to next week...no...run into it! Have a great weekend

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 am  

No fair! Push through until the next loss and it will all be worth it. Hope next week is vetter for you!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 12:37 am  

Be good to yourself babe and just remember it was your birthday! :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 7:31 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Baby Needs Shoes

Step Ball Change

Spin

Arrrghh birthdays!

Thanks!

Dilemmas, moral and otherwise...

Pact

Boxing

Waxed Off

Rant

archives