iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::19.9.05::

Spin

I went to my third Spin class tonight. In the first class, I couldn't even stand up to pedal. My aim was to stand up like everyone else even if it was for a few seconds.

In my second class, I stood up for parts of the class (after a trial run on the bike during boxing class). My new aim was to keep with the rest of the class and do all the same moves, rather than having to sit down for parts of it.

So tonight was my third class and I did it. I kept up with everyone else. I am amazed at how quickly I've improved. Towards the end of the class, I noticed other people sitting down for a rest while I was still standing up pedalling. Then the instructor said if we felt okay, to increase the intensity and go for it and I realised I did feel okay. I pedalled my heart out for the last minute.

I rock but now I need a new aim!

I've only seen the spin classes on TV but it looks great. Must be very tiring though?!

By Blogger Suzy, at 8:18 am  

That is so awesome. There is no better feeling than realising that you are one of the "fit" people.

By Blogger Jules, at 12:18 pm  

Cool! An expert spinner you are!

By Blogger Sue, at 12:20 pm  

That's so awesome Kathryn! :) I want to try RPM but I'm determined to get my fitness on the bike up a bit first. You are definitely an inspiration - maybe I'll give it a go soon. :)

By Blogger jak, at 1:46 pm  

You know I was watching a movie the other night where a few chics were 'hitting' a spin class and I really thought that'd be kind of fun.

WOW - 3rd try and you blasted! FABULOUS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 pm  

Spin girl spin...!

Yeah the marafun is early...hopefully nice and cool too.

Have thought about spin...hmm maybe that can be my 'new thing'.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 pm  

Oh Brilliant!! You're doing such an awesome job at meeting your goals Hun, it' really inspiring.

You're so gonna have buns of steel

By Blogger Dee, at 4:47 pm  

That is a fantastic result after only the third time. OMG I don't think I will attempt spinning as I watch them and it scares the hell out of me he he eh

By Blogger Chubbymum, at 8:05 pm  

That is awesome girl, well done! I think I will have to get over my fear of the gym and try it out too. I nearly bought a spin bike for home (it was super cool black/red) but then I thought it'd be more fun in a class and by the way you write about it, it's ace!!

By Blogger Mary, at 7:13 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Arrrghh birthdays!

Thanks!

Dilemmas, moral and otherwise...

Pact

Boxing

Waxed Off

Rant

Notes

Tomorrow: it's only a day away

The Blahs

archives