iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::12.9.05::

Notes

I planned to walk home from work today but it was ridiculously cold so I went to my contingency plan - spin class. I am getting so much better at the standing up riding in spin class now (as opposed to my last class - zero) but the instructor came over in the middle of the class and told me that I needed to use a much higher resistance when I do it or I'd wreck my knees. Yikes, and I'd thought my resistance was way high anyway.

Now I know when the instructors do that kind of stuff, it's for my own good and they are trying to help but I hate it. I growl and sneer (but only when they aren't looking).

After spin I usually feel like dying but tonight instead I felt like dyeing (and who can resist a bad pun?) Ever since my bad dye job of a few weeks ago, I've been wanting to fix it so today I got a cheap rinse (red raven - and I'd always thought raven's were black) from Priceline.

Normally when I do a home dye job, I get dye everywhere but tonight I managed to be quite tidy about it - go me. Pity I grabbed the wrong towel instead of the old one. I finished it off with a hot shower and much massaging with body scrub. My thigh muscles are getting rather defined, I noticed as I was scrubbing. The upper inner thigh is still flabby but the muscles are starting to show - woohoo!

Since it's my birthday week, I am having lots of me time - dyeing my hair tonight, leg and eyebrow wax tomorrow, shiatsu massage on Friday followed by lunch with my mum and sister. I love ME time. The only downside of this week is that I have little exercise time - I am either going to have to get up early and exercise before work or get up early and get to work early so I can fit the exercise in. Both options involve getting up early and I don't like that.

I am thinking of changing my next goal. I want to lose another 10 kilo before Christmas but today I decide to set my goal to 83 kilograms - that would take me from that awful, nasty "o" word on the weight charts to the slightly less offensive "o" word of overweight. That surely is something to aspire to. I want to be 83 kilograms by the end of October - Overweight October, I'll call it.

Finally, after the success my No Stirfry Challenge the other week - I pushed myself way out of my cooking comfort zone - I want to try a new cooking challenge. I'm thinking a Pulses and Legumes challenge could be needed.

I have been reading posts from you perhaps once a month or twice.

But today I went back to your archives and spend time on you. Then I read your background (part 1,2 & 3, for some reason Part 4 won't work)

And I have to tell you that you are incredible and have acheived so much!!!

Really heartfelt congrats!!!

By Blogger Argy, at 10:55 pm  

WHOO HOO! You're a Virgo too :-) It's my bday week as well. The spin classes sound awesome and I love the sound of muscle definition in your thighs. It's nice to notice all your hard work.

Oooh, I like the idea of your cooking challenge too. I should start doing something like this, thanks. Have a gorgeous week hon and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

By Blogger Mary, at 7:37 am  

Oh, pulses and legumes challenge, that's a really good one. :)

Yay for birthday week - happy birthday! :)

By Blogger jak, at 7:47 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Tomorrow: it's only a day away

The Blahs

Thanks, Guys!

Victory is Mine!

Eating More

Committed

Meat and Three Veg

Red

Deadset

Boxing

archives