iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::7.11.05::

Ninjas of Shopping!

This morning, I met up with the very lovely Phillipa (who is even more charming and gorgeous in real life than she appears on her blog, who'd have thunk it?) for a shopping expedition along Bridge Road. Phillipa is a most delightful shopping companion. She is very tactful, unlike my family who tend to compare me to a fat cow more often than not.

Still, we showed Ninja-like restraint when it came to spending money. And Super Ninja restraint when sampling cheeses at the Richmond Hill Larder. Especially after sampling heaven in cheese form. The old Kathryn would have wrestled control of the cheese room (yes this place has a room dedicated to cheeses, they are my kind of people) from the cheese girl and gone into a feeding frenzy that would shame a troupe of half-starved sumos. But I'm the good new Kathryn now, good enough to wonder how many calories are in a cheese sample, although never so good as to refuse an offer of free cheese.

Shopping is very tiring. Even with time out for coffee and cheeses and a curry lunch, I conservatively estimated it as 3 hours of slow walking (or 679 calories). After that, I was tempted to skip Spin class tonight but in true Ninja style, I dragged myself there and put in a killer effort. Now I am very weary and am sure there is much more I want to say but my brain is floating loss in my head. I think I'll put on some television (I keep forgetting my television works now, tv good) and zone out for the rest of the night, because tomorrow I start the serious work of writing.

OMG can't believe you did Spin - I was buggered! Like you said, you'll sleep well tonight!

I had such a great time with you today, thanks again xo

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 10:08 pm  

And I can still taste that cheese!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 10:09 pm  

Great that you met up with Philippa and went shopping. Well done on still going to spin class after too!

By Blogger Suzy, at 9:09 am  

Did someone say cheese? Yes, I can hear that word from the other side of the world. It's great that you took small indulgences in something that you truly love, and then worked your arse off in spin class. Wow!

By Blogger Zara, at 3:08 pm  

Go Ninja Gal!!!!!
you kick butt.
A

By Blogger Ang, at 3:25 pm  

Hey, you Melbourne people! I wish we could meet up with you too!! I'm so happy to hear you two gorgeous girls met up :-) I think it's great to meet people you've been communicating with for quite a few weeks, months now.

By Blogger Mary, at 6:09 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

Weight Watchers: Cult of Evil?

Melbourne Cup (o' Lard) Day and Challenges

I Want...

Some days...

Grrr!

Goals

Work

archives