iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.11.05::

I Want...

I know of people who "put things out into the universe" - believing that if you make your wishes and desires known, some mystic force will look after you. I did this for years - writing lists and plans for losing weight. The "universe" sure knew what I needed, but the universe was like Groundskeeper Willie from the Simpsons. Remember that line of this - "Willie hears ya, Willie don't care."

Other people, like my cousin, spend a lot of money in those New Age shops buying spells and magical rocks and things so that they make money, or find love or again, lose weight.

In the end, wishing and hoping and chanting don't burn many calories. We all know how to lose weight. The universe might give us the tools to assist with this but it isn't Pizza Hut, you know. There is no promise that your heart's desire will be delivered to your door within 30 minutes or it's free.

But there are a couple of things that I want to put out into the universe though, because I believe when it comes to shopping, the universe might be able to help.

I want:

  • a great pair of short. I hate walking in public wearing trackies and jeans aren't so great as the weather gets warmer. I went to Target yesterday, because I assume the universe isn't so accomodating as to bring the shorts to me. They had the shorts I wanted, a longer cargo style, but only in smaller sizes. I found a pair kinda the same in my size but kinda just isn't good enough.
  • a pretty sundress. I guess it's asking too much for the universe to deliver this before I go out for cup day drinks this afternoon.

I don't think that's excessive or greedy.


Good luck with the "want list" Grrrrr sometimes clothes shopping can just be so god damn frustrating!

Ps Thanks for the comments left on my site. Your a gem.
A

By Blogger Ang, at 1:05 pm  

We will look for these items on our shopping trip!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 2:18 pm  

I think it is great that you are putting your 'requests' out to the universe but that you are backing it up with a visit to Target because you are right - I don't think that the universe does a DHL door to door delivery - lol !!
Take care and once again, thank you for putting a smile on my dial !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 5:32 pm  

LOL. Did you find the sundress? I too am on the hunt for a pair of long shorts, or short longs (whichever I find first) in a lighter material that jeans. I am not game to wear anything on or above the knees so 3/4 definitely is my way to go.

I am a big believer of putting things out to the universe. BUT I also am a big believer in moving my arse to make those things come true. Whether it be love, money, or health. There is no point saying "I want to be rich" and then not put things into motion to obtain more money. There is no point saying "I want to be thin" then sit at home and eat pizza. There is no point saying "I want to meet Mr/Miss Right" then stay at home with a mud pack on your face. Putting the image out there, visualising where you want to be is only part of the plan. Actually doing something about it is the other.

This shopping trip of yours and Philippa's sounds like it is shaping up to be a mammoth one. Perhaps I should come and be the porter ;)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:05 pm  

I always thought the "put it out there to the universe" types were really attempting to convince themselves of what they wanted. I believe that once you convince yourself (right down to your unconscious resistance), the rest "magically" falls into place. Identifying what you wanted made you very focused when shopping. There's a lesson in there somewhere, and I think it may be: figure out what you really want and then go get it.

By Blogger not specified, at 10:33 pm  

I am someone who believes in putting things out to the universe but in saying that, it doesn't mean you don't have to work for it LOL. For me it's just something to focus on what I want and then go and bloody do or get it :-)

With shorts...look everywhere! Don't only go into shops you know or think are too small for you. I've leart that to be a good shopper, you need to look in every god damn shop and it will be found. True.

The dress, by cup day...how did you go??

Your wants are certainly not excessive or greedy but you want them now! :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 12:38 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Some days...

Grrr!

Goals

Work

Check In

Chocolate and Light Bulbs

Love

3 Things That Have Been On My Mind Lately

I was thinking...

Today

archives