iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::25.10.05::

3 Things That Have Been On My Mind Lately

1. This is hard to believe, but I'm finding it difficult to eat enough lately. On the weekend, I kept forgetting to eat. I ended up having a hamburger at Northland and still didn't go over my daily calories. It was yucky too. Then today again I'm way under my calories. I feel tempted to eat something just because I can - a chocolate or a big cake or something - but I really don't feel like it.

After work, I went to see Serenity (great film by the way). I was famished and wanted to get some dinner beforehand. Most places at Melbourne Central were closed so I went to Nandos but the queue stretched forever and I'd queued so long for my ticket that I had little time so I wandered around a bit and found a sushi train place. I love sushi on a train! But I'd only had rice paper rolls for lunch so even with my arvo snack of Ovalteenies, I am still way under calories. I guess I should make the most of it.

2. I really miss having gal pals. Especially now, after losing weight. When I go shopping, it would be nice to have someone to tell me how things look and all that girlie shopping stuff. I mean, I do have friends who are girls but they aren't girlie go shopping girls. I miss my sister for shopping trips - she's the kind that always encourages you to buy outrageous things.

3. Still on friends, since I've been losing weight and therefore cutting way back on calories, I've noticed some of my friends are rather... boring. The only thing we ever meet up for is drinks and we used to drink a lot (well they still do). Without that drunken bond, I don't seem to have a lot in common with them.

Hi Kath - I'll go shopping with you! I too miss having a gal pal to go shopping with, as all my sisters and my best friend are back in Tassie. David is tolerant of going into Sportsgirl and fcuk with me, but I know he'd really rather be in Bar World or the AFL shop! Should we make a date soon?!

Hope you're having a lovely day xo

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 12:08 pm  

At least you won't have the hangover to contend with the next day and your friends will! Sounds like you are doing really well sticking to your calories! I can't seem to do without snacks and more snacks!
I love shopping by myself!

By Blogger Suzy, at 12:55 pm  

It's funny like that. When DH lost all his weight he found that he could not relate to half of his work mates anymore because they are all always pissed and he isn't. And now he realises how much of a knobhead he must have looked like after a drunken lunch too.

But you will make new friends. Friends who understand what you have been through and will never do that testing the friendship thing but always trying to make you drink and eat more. Like Philippa!

We'll be heading to Melbourne for a weekend on our way to, and from, Adelaide over Christmas. I'll have to keep a close eye on you two to make sure there is some shopping left for me by the time I get there ;)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:52 pm  

Serenity is a fun film! I really loved the Firefly series. Great humour. I so hear you about the friend thing. I don't hang out with a lot of my old friends too now because it usually involves chemicals of some kind, otherwise it's boring. You are so right!! I've met lots of great new people though through WW and at least my male friends are cool to just have brekky/lunch with me instead.

By Blogger Mary, at 6:47 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

I was thinking...

Today

Hair Hair

Milestones and Things

Weigh In Day

Battles

Oestopath

Happy Feet

This time for real...

No Safety Net?

archives