iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::18.10.05::

Happy Feet

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but last week I went to the Athlete's Foot and got new (expensive) runners. I didn't get much chance to wear them last week because of being a melting pot of medical conditions and didn't want to wear them for the fun run on Sunday without them being worn in.

So last night I went for my first walk in the new shoes.

*bliss*

Oh my god. Happy, happy, bouncy feet. I wanted to walk forever except I was walking along the Merri Creek track which is real pretty during daylight hours but I can imagine being very creepy after dark. Tonight I walked home from work and still happy feet.

This rocks. I have the world's most blister and soreness prone feet, I swear. If you remember the story of the Princess and The Pea, well my feet are kinda like that princess. To buy a pair of shoes and have so much comfort is practically unknown by me.

I have not been along Merri Creek track before - I changed my walking route today...much nicer, except it passes people and their wonderful smelling BBQs - and I get home and have tuna and salad :(

New shoes = bliss!

You were right about the diary - i think i may becoming obsessed with running!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 pm  

Magic shoes! Happy feet! Huzzah!

I have similar issues with shoes - what kind did you buy? I'm desperate for a good recommendation!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 pm  

Hehe...there's a song by Paolo Conte called Happy Feet :-) Getting new shoes that fit is great, especially for walking/jogging!

By Blogger Mary, at 11:51 am  

sounds like fantastic runners! I cringe at the thought of the cost :P

By Blogger Kt, at 2:23 pm  

Hey Kath. Hope you are starting to feel a bit better and sound like you are getting on top of things. I lurv the bouncy feet feeling when you get new sneakers and the athletes foot is great they way they tell you how to go. I went to the athletes foot first time I got new proper shoes and bought the ones they told me - since then I go there, get them to pick the shoe, try it on, make up some excuse about how I will come back, and then go around to some different shops and get the same shoe for usually considerably less 8-) Enjoy your shoes and your week.lb.

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 2:45 pm  

Wooo Hooo for great shoes. I too have blister prone feet, to the point where I now do not own one single pair of shoes with a back in them except for my sneakers. All shoes are slide ons.

What a difference a great pair of sneakers make. Long may your princess feet live happily in them ;)

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:54 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

This time for real...

No Safety Net?

Fun Run Sunday

Oh Man

Gain

Linky McGlinky

Ahhhh... relief

Back

More Misery

Miseryguts

archives