iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::12.10.05::

Back

I went to the doctor about my back today. He said that all the muscles in my lower back have tightened up... a lot. It could be from too much exercise *sigh* but he said I'd be fine for the fun run on Sunday, I'd just have to take it slow. I'm going to see the oestopath for further treatment and I have some stretches to do so hopefully I'll be as good as new soon.

Too much exercise! meh! It is good though that you will be able to do the run on Sunday, just take it easy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 pm  

I just learned a trick from a dancer on Saturday about tensed muscles, so perhaps you can give it a go too.

Take at least a dozen aspirins, or a whole box is better really, put them on the bath tub, run a warm bath and get soaked in it for at least 20 minutes.

This is (as I was told) a trick dancers do after day-long rehearshals in order to calm the tensed mucles.

*hugs*

By Blogger Argy, at 11:23 pm  

I empathise with the sore back. And I touch wood that mine stays away. You take it easy on the run. There is no point stuffing it up completely and not being able to do anything at all for weeks. That being said, some gentle exercise might be really good for it. See your Osteo, and that bath idea of silverella's sounds really good. Any reason to have a bath I think :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:54 am  

Am glad to hear you went to the dr and that you will be okay for the fun run on Sunday - take care and look after yourself.
Back ache is awful - something which may help is bathing in epsom salts - if you buy it from an animal place it is heaps cheaper than the chemist or supermarket.
Be good and take care of yourself !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 11:01 am  

Hope your back is soon better. Take is easy on Sunday. Long hot bath sounds good.

By Blogger Suzy, at 11:57 am  

I'm glad you went to the doc, and am also glad that it's nothing too serious.

You could use some epsom salts in teh bath for the same sort of effect that silverella is talking about. I must admit I nearly fell over when I first read "take at least a dozen aspirins, or a whole box is better really", glad there was more to it, in putting them in the bath! :)

By Blogger jak, at 3:09 pm  

Asprin or no, that bath sounds fabulous!

Fingies crossed that all goes well for your run.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 9:40 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

More Misery

Miseryguts

Absolutely Flabulous

Shopping Rant-A-Rama

Enough

Arrrgh!

Snippets

Calling All Australian and New Zealand Girls (and ...

Blerk

Inspiration

archives