iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::3.10.05::

Blerk

Update: I went to the doctor this morning and I have not one but two medical condtions. Firstly, bronchitis - I am sure this is still from the flu I had last month because I felt like I never really got over it. And, secondly, some weird skin condition with a latiny name. It isn't anything serious, you just get the spotty rash and feel a bit run down with it. So no work today and no gym for a while. I feel so bad about taking the day off work but I figure I can only push myself so far before I break.

A while back, my son loaned me the boxed set of Arrested Development dvds so I think today will be bed rest and much dvd watching. I am going to just be really careful about my food for the next few days and rest up. The doctor also said to get some vitamin C tablets. Yum. No, I must not eat them like lollies.

I've also contacted the people who run the Spring into Action fun runs - I was going to push myself for the next one and do the 8 km walk but I think that isn't going to be possible now. I've never walked walked 8 km and was going to get some training in beforehand. I'll just do the 4 km and try for 8 next time.

***

My body's falling apart. Seriously, I start getting my head together and now the body rebels. First off I got a blister. Okay, I can deal with that. Then I turn my muscle, my calf muscle so I've been hobbling around all day. I thought it would be fine to go to Spin class tonight (almost changed my mind on the train on the way home but gave myself a stern talking to) and it was so long as I sat on the bike. Boy, does sitting for the whole class hurt the bum. Worse than that, at the end of the class I felt so ill. Not a 'I've worked my guts out and I feel so bad but in a good way' kind of ill but a 'I just want a warm blankie' kind of ill. I hadn't even pushed myself that much during the class. I didn't build up a sweat or get my heart rate up much. The fans and air conditioner were making me shiver. Not good signs.

Usually after Spin class I walk home, it's only a 10-15 minute walk. Tonight I was so tempted to get the tram but when I got near the tram stop, I realised I'd have to run to catch it and didn't think I'd make it with my sore calf. So I walked home feeling sick and miserable and sorry for myself.

I know everyone's been telling me to get to the doctor but it's hard right now. The only doctor I know in this area costs a fortune. Even with the medicare rebate, their fees are high. And they never have early morning or late afternoon appointments.

Plus at work, I'm at a fairly crucial stage of the project I'm working on. I'm not super busy or anything but I have to be there. I am the only developer working on the project and it has to be released tomorrow (we are already over deadline) then I have to be there to support it for the next few days.

Although, with the way I feel at the moment, it might be worth seeing if we can get the deadline pushed back a bit more while I have a few days bed rest. That might be better than having me off sick after the project is released.

I think I'll see how I feel tomorrow and maybe check out if there is a medical clinic somewhere near work in the city - that might be more convenient. Right now, I'm going to go over to my son's place then come back home and curl up in bed.

If this was happening to your child would you claim that work and fees prevents you from taking him or her into the doctor? I sincerely hope not! Be good to yourself...

By Blogger not specified, at 8:42 pm  

I hope that you are feeling better - Debra is right - would you do the same for your child and if not, don't do it to yourself.
Take care and look after yourself !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 8:44 am  

Have just done the big catch up.

1) you are fantastic in that you re-assessed your day before you blew it big time. That is fantastic

2) Yes - the choice is ours.

3) Bugger about leaving your fruit at home but well done on the excellent choices you made at work

4) Go to a Doctor. I have found a clinic in the city, quite near work that I go too so I think that would be a great option for you. Hope you find someone close.

5) LOL at you double-dating gyms.

Have a great day and please take care of yourself. Your symptoms did not sound good and I think you might want to skip spin classes for a while.

By Blogger Margaret, at 12:27 pm  

I hope you're feeling better soon - and more so I hope you can find an accessible, affordable doctor somewhere that you can go and see.

By Blogger jak, at 12:54 pm  

Oh hon, you need to go to a doctor. Your symptoms don't sound crash hot and it's better to be safe than sorry. You are too precious! Be good to yourself.

By Blogger Mary, at 3:08 pm  

Kathryn...go to the doctor!

I see Joanna Hickey in Queens Pde, but you have to pay a bit more to see her, but she is very good. I really hope you feel better soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 pm  

Isn't it shit that the sickness always hits when there is a big job on? Do the best you can mate and try hard to have some rest.

By Blogger Jules, at 7:00 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Inspiration

Exercise

Bad Eating

Weigh In Day

Gyms

Calories

Notes

Toddler Taming

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 5

Gain!

archives