iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::30.9.05::

Weigh In Day

I got weighed this morning. Lost about a kilogram, which is good except that most of that loss is weight I put on last week. How frustrating, but it did make realise just how infrequently I've actually gained since I started this lifestyle changing event. It also worries me that I went off the wagon for a couple of days and put on so much weight. I'm going to have to be forever vigilant, I feel. Forever.

Lately, I've felt like I'm heading into a danger zone. I'm getting bored with my usual food and have been craving carbs - bad carbs like creamy, gluggy pasta from the food court. I compromised the other day by getting noodles. More than anything though, I've been tired. So tired. Not just fixed by a good night's sleep tired but bone weary tired. Just getting up and going to work of a morning is a big, big effort. The thought of gym after work freaks me out (but still, I do it and feel better for it).

It would be so easy right not to start slipping, to think missing one day's exercise won't matter, that one little chocolate bar or bowl of creamy pasta won't hurt. I have been increasing the treats as it is - a little Flake bar or Turkish Delight when I go to the shops, some pretzels at work - nothing that's really bad, but still you have to watch these things.

On top of that, I've been losing my marbles. The other day, I forgot my PIN for my bank account. I needed money because I was going out after work and had NO petrol in my car (ie. enough to get to the servo and pray the traffic isn't too heavy on the way). The harder I tried to think of it, the worse it got. Talk about stress. So I tried to relax and forget about it, hoping my brain would slip into gear, but that didn't work either.

On the way home from work, I finally got in touch with my son (my backup memory) and he knew it. Thank heavens.

Not so bad in itself but these are other stupid things I've done in the past 2-3 days:

I walked home from work on Wednesday and left my (heavy) boots at work to bring home on the tram Thursday, so Thursday night I took them home but left them on the tram.

I took my dvds back to the store last night but had left one in the dvd player.

Forgotten my phone numerous times.

It's only a week or so after my birthday but the marbles are going already.

Seriously though, I'm starting to think that all these things might have a medical explanation. As I said in an earlier post, I also have red spots all over my body. Some of these are itchy and some are more like ecxema (sp?). When I get time, I will go to the doctors and get this checked out.

Hey Kathryn. Congrats on the loss. I know you had a gain last week but you got it under control and recorded a loss. That is fantastic.

Re the forgetful memory and tiredness. I would suggest getting to the Dr's pretty quickly. This is what I was like a few weeks ago and when they ran the blood tests it came back as a strain of Glandular Fever. The rash, the itches, the bone weariness. It sounds really similar. Good thing though is a few days of complete stay at home rest and do nothing (except blogging LOL) made me feel a thousand times better and renewed my motivation in all things healthy.

You look after yourself. *hugs* :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:57 am  

congrats on the loss :) sounds like youu may be unwell, i think a trip to the doctor is a good idea. take care of yourself gil

By Blogger Kt, at 8:14 pm  

Kathryn, Well done on the substitution of a lower fat, healthier option on the pasta craving. I think that's a key element in the lifestyle change -- learning to pay attention to what you want and then making a choice that is both satisfying and healthy. Doesn't always work out, of course, but at least you're making a conscious choice and a conscious effort. And, by all means, get to the doc ASAP!

By Blogger not specified, at 9:36 pm  

"When I get time, I will go to the doctors and get this checked out. "

you are too smart a woman to say this!

give them a call NOW!!!

*hugs*

By Blogger Argy, at 10:07 pm  

Congrats on the loss. Hope you soon get to the Doctor and find out what is going on.

By Blogger Suzy, at 7:56 am  

Well done on the loss and you keep remembering how far you have come!

With the creamy stuff, if you are craving it, I reckon you should just have it. I do if I crave something so bad and that way it doesn't become bigger than what it is but of course don't have it EVERY night so keep tracking girl :-)

With the tiredness, maybe you need to get your iron levels checked. You might be missing out on some important vitamins/minerals? Yep, go to the doctor and be good to yourself!

By Blogger Mary, at 2:56 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Gyms

Calories

Notes

Toddler Taming

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 5

Gain!

Baby Needs Shoes

Step Ball Change

Spin

Arrrghh birthdays!

archives