iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::26.9.05::

Notes

When you are buggered after Spin class and dinner seems just too hard, an omelette is a good idea.

Weight distribution is an annoying thing. Why can't we pick where the weight goes from, instead of it coming off any old place? Surely there must be some way to encourage it to go from the bad areas.

Why is it that the more weight I lose, the more I notice my other inperfections? Like my teeth. I have bad teeth and I need much dental work. It is going to cost a fortune. I am trying to work out if it will be worth getting private health insurance.

A while back, I wrote a post (that I can't find in my archives) but basically I was being stupid, saying that if you weigh the least when you first get out of bed, then the best thing to do for weight loss is to sleep. Well, guess what? The other night at Borders I saw a book called the Sleep Diet.

Oh yeah, been meaning to post this for a while: after reading Katey Weighty's site, I ordered a couple of the Geneen Roth books off Amazon. One of them arrived the other day - "When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair - 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous and Happy (when you feel anything but)". It's a good book and, if I'd read it about six months ago, I think I'd have gotten a lot out of it but now most of it is stuff that I've learnt, absorbed and taken on board. So, if there is anyone out there who needs this book (as opposed to just wanting free stuff), let me know, leave a comment or whatever, and I'm happy to pass it on. Oh yeah, but you'd better be in Australia cos most of the cost of the book was in getting it shipped from the US so I aint paying to send it back.

I have red spots on my body - yikes. Not good.

I am hopeless with making recipes. I never have the ingredients I need at home and, when I go to the supermarket, I can never think of recipes to make. I guess a list would help. Most of my cooking is a spontaneous kind of thing. So, I was amazed the other night to realise I had all the ingredients on hand to make a recipe I learnt when I did a course in cooking for diabetes. It is dead yummy, a brushetta type thing. You get cape seed rolls (I didn't have those so used a multigrain bagel) and squish it down flat and toast it. Then you put some seed mustard on it and a big dollop of low fat ricotta. Top that with slices of tomato with basil leaves in between. Top it with pepper and/or balsamic vinegar.

What a great collection of notes. I am so with you on the weight distribution thing. I want the weight to come off my stomach and butt FIRST not last. And I want it to come off my boobs last not first. LOL. But I am grateful it is coming off at all.

Weigh up the private health option with your age, what work you will want done, and what else you want it for in the future.

Good collection :) Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:18 pm  

You're making me hungry! Doesn't weight come off in the reverse order that it went on?

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 10:55 am  

You are right - it never comes off where you want it to when you want it to !!! Bugger !
Thanks for the great tip about banning eating in the car - I think I might just do that - it is so true - you eat and eat and before you know it, you are were you set out to be and have wolfed down a whole heap of junk which, if you don't make the effort never lands up on your tracker.
I generally shop with a list otherwise I get into the shop and just stand around wasting time because I have no idea of what to buy.
Take care and have a great day !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 12:20 pm  

I'm with you on the "what's with the weird places" for weight to come off???? My shoe size has gone down 2 sizes... what's with that?? and my back lol I was sad when I thought wth I have a fat back - which really shouln't be a surprise you know since all of me is Haha.

Your recipe sounded sooo yummy I swear I shouldn't be reading blogs when it's around meal times - drives me crazy.

By Blogger Dee, at 1:08 pm  

Hey Kathryn - I always have a few recipes that I can cook up with stuff from the pantry and freezer - frozen veges, pasta, cans of tomotoes or chickpeas, tomato paste and jars of herbs and garlic etc. Always a combo of something to throw together. One recipe I have at the moment is a curry - 1 can of tomotoes, 2 tblsp of curry powder, 2 teaspoons of cumin, a couple of onions diced and you can add lamb, chicken or chickpeas. I serve it with rice or pita bread and away ya go - happy tummy. Have a good week.

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 6:57 pm  

I love those notes!!
I also have gone down in shoe size:)

By Blogger Leighanne, at 9:37 am  

Mmm, can you share one of your omelette recipes and/or secrets to making a good one? I'm learning :-)

Weight distribution is a little annoying. My problem areas are my butt and thighs but since I bought the bike, it has seriously been redefining these areas. Pretty good results. Now don't start on the teeth!

Red spots? Chicken pox, measles, mozzie bites, stress? Get it checked just in case.

Thanks for the recipe! Will try it out. I am finally getting more into cooking and yep, you have to plan, make a list and then go shopping. I am loving it!

I hope you are having a great day!

By Blogger Mary, at 3:00 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Toddler Taming

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 5

Gain!

Baby Needs Shoes

Step Ball Change

Spin

Arrrghh birthdays!

Thanks!

Dilemmas, moral and otherwise...

Pact

archives