iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.10.05::

Snippets

I don't know how many of you know about or use the site My Body Comp but I've had a profile on there since March. Basically, you plug in all your measurements and it gives you reports. You can do comparisions between your measurements for different dates. I love it. I only remember to enter my details in once every few months so when I do it, I always have wonderful results.

It shows your change in lean body mass and fat mass (most of my change has been in my fat mass, luckily), your BMI and your Waist to Hip Ratio as well. I love knowing all this stuff. It rocks.

The only tough bit is that I didn't start using it until March so I'd already lost a fair chunk of weight by then (when I stared losing weight, I took measurements but only chest, waist and hips).

Lean Body Mass -1.21
Fat Mass -13.49

Body Mass Index (BMI) - 5.21


Neck -4.00
Shoulders -1.00
Chest -23.00 (weirdly enough, this is only 15 cm by my calculations from the start, still good to see a loss - bye, bye, back boobs!)
Waist -17.00 (I have lost 30 cm altogether by my calculations, that's a whole ruler!)
Abdomen -16.00
Hips -19.00 (23 cm all up, gone forever)
Thigh -4.00
Knee -1.00
Calf -1.00
Ankle .00
Arm -6.00
Forearm -1.00
Wrist .00

The scary thing is that my "lifestyle" calories I burn each day have dropped by about 500 calories. Yikes. Gotta watch that stuff.

***
I am primed for getting buff this summer now. Well, apart from being sick and not able to exercise (well I did so some free weights last night but not serious exercise). The Big Day Out is a huge incentive - woohoo = the Stooges, woohoo = the White Stripes! I need the muscles to push my way to the front. I need to get thin so I can crowdsurf (only joking!) . And, you know, just because my son thinks he's too old for the Big Day Out that doesn't mean anything.
It will be so good to have just a big day out instead of a big fat day out, sweltering in the sun.
***

I'm still looking for people for the group blog (see below). I need your email addy to include you so it's easier to email me - kathrynoh at nemesis dot com au - rather than leave a comment. It should be up and running by the weekend. Woohoo!

WOOHOO for the white stripes!! :) I'm hoping to hit BDO this year. Where they have it on the goldie is opposite my uni. I haven't been to one on the goldie before, but the white stripes are worth braving the teeny boppers. :D

By Blogger jak, at 2:42 pm  

i love my body comp (although i haven't gone back in ages! argh. maybe i should drop by). nice reduction! :)

By Blogger InsaneMind, at 9:58 pm  

Love the White Stripes. Love the idea of having a big day out instead of a big FAT day out. How horrible is it to look forward to a summer event, all the while really dreading it because you know your thighs are going to stick together in the heat, your ankles will swell because they have the task of bearing your mass for the day, and you are generally going to feel like a sweaty overheated loser in some big bulky outfit that tries to cover your 'curves'. I don't want to ever do that again. That is why I refuse to get married fat. I am not sweating my way through the so called "best day of my life".

By Blogger Jules, at 6:11 am  

Hey there. Just did a big catch up and I think it is great that you are putting together the blog. I am happy to put forward an article here and there if you want. I am not sure what I can offer other than my own personal insights, or discoveries of some long forgotten delicious recipe, but I am happy to put up.

Hope you have a great day.
Cheers

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:52 am  

I will have to check out that site - congrats on the results...yay!

I sent you a quick email the other day, hope you got it, and now have my details. Have a great weekend!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 pm  

WHOO HOO! I love Iggy, he's one of my favourite artists of all time. I hope he does some solo shows while out for the BDO :-) I find that man very sexy. Did you see him in Coffee & Cigarettes?

By Blogger Mary, at 6:44 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Calling All Australian and New Zealand Girls (and ...

Blerk

Inspiration

Exercise

Bad Eating

Weigh In Day

Gyms

Calories

Notes

Toddler Taming

archives