iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::4.10.05::

Calling All Australian and New Zealand Girls (and Boys too)...

Have you ever been surfing the net, looking for healthy and nutritional information... you find a great site and get all excited reading about the latest yoghurt, now in Burpberry or Thelma McThin-Thigh's latest exercise dvd, only to realise it's a US site and, unless you want to pay a zillion dollars in shipping, you will never get to experience these delights?

Well, that happened to me last night and I got thinking... thinking... thinking... why isn't there anything like that but based here. Then I thought, why keep all the fun to myself.

So... I'm looking for people (5-10) who want to contribute to a group blog. This is what I'm thinking:

* the posts should be of interest to those who want to live healthy lifestyles eg. reviews of food products, exercise dvds, gyms; announcement of upcoming events, etc.

* you should be able to post once or twice a month minimum (but, of course, if you are uber-busy one month, I'm hardly going to hunt you down and if you want to post heaps more then go right ahead).

* posts should be articulate but snappy - something more than "I had some yoghurt, it was nice" but not a 10 page essay.

* you should be living in Australia or New Zealand - it would be ace to get people from lots of different locations.

* and, of course, you should be interested in living a healthy lifestyle.

You don't have to have a blog but since I'll host it on Blogspot, you'll have to join up as a Blogger user (it's dead easy if you aren't already).

Are you excited? I think it could be a great resource. So the next step is up to you... leave a comment or email me kathrynoh at ozemail dot com dot au. Go on, you know you want to.

Rightio. I agree wholly. All these readers of our blogs (as I know we are so popular girl, that there are heaps) need some sort of resource and we can do it. So I am up for the Challenge. I'll represent the South Island of NZ if you want me. And I am pretty sure I can manage more than "I like yoghurt, it is nice."

By Blogger Jules, at 6:01 am  

:) I'm doing something similar on the food aspect on my brand new food journal, and I'd love to contribute to a group blog if you'll have me! I would like to think I can manage more than "I like yoghurt" but, you know, you can be the judge! :)

Great, fantastic idea, Kathryn!. :)

By Blogger jak, at 7:51 am  

Fantastic idea Kathryn - I'll put my hand up for it!

Glad you went to the dr - hope you feel better soon :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 pm  

Sounds like a great idea! I also get annoyed with all the great ideas on the internet that relate only to other countries! Would be very interested in helping if needed

:o)

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 2:35 pm  

I'd be happy to contribute about any running/walking events that are taking place around Oz.

I've got some good sites already in my favourites so I could let you have them if you like.

By Blogger Jaykay, at 7:40 pm  

that is SUCH an awesome idea - much better than that forum i tried launching but it ended up sucking! lol
if i was in full swing of being healthy, i'd be up for it! but since i'm still being a lard-arse i'm happy to sit back and watch you guys put together some awesome posts :)

By Blogger Rah, at 8:25 pm  

This sounds like a great idea Kathryn. I really like people who just DO STUFF!! Very insprirational. I have too many commitments already but let us know when it's up and running so we can blogroll it :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 6:40 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Blerk

Inspiration

Exercise

Bad Eating

Weigh In Day

Gyms

Calories

Notes

Toddler Taming

A Big Fat History Of Me - Part 5

archives