iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::8.10.05::

Enough

Payday today! As a contractor, I never quite believe I'm going to get paid until I see the $$$ in my bank account - too many bad experiences with employment agencies in the past.

So, this morning I was thinking; when I moved earlier this year, I had nothing. My son, Andrew, took all the good stuff - the tv (which was his), the dvd player (ditto - his PS2), the computer. At the same time, I started a new job with monthly pays so it took 6 weeks before I even started getting any money. It was a tough time plus I had a huge amount of debts to pay off. Slowly, month by month, I've built up my material possessions - computer, internet connection, television, dvd player. Ipod :)

My thought this morning was that I finally have enough. I have all the material possessions I need, well the big ticket items anyway. Sure, if someone were to give me a brand new shiny car or a trip overseas or a plasma tv, and sure there are somethings - clothes, books, cds - that I'll always want to go shopping for, because shopping for these things is a pleasure in itself, but as far as most things go, I have enough. I am satisfied with the things I have.

The concept of having "enough" is something I've been exploring with my shrink, in as far as food goes anyway. It's amazing to experience that feeling, to know that if I give myself what I want and need, I am capable of knowing when to stop.

Sounds like you are doing really well. It must have been hard to start again. It is good to be satisfied with what we have possession wise and feel confident that we know how much food and nourishment we need to stay healthy. Have fun.

By Blogger Suzy, at 11:25 am  

I really like this post babe. I so get it, thanks.

By Blogger Mary, at 9:44 am  

Great post Kathryn. Definitely something I'm going to give more thought to in reagards to my own life. Thanks. :)

By Blogger jak, at 12:06 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Arrrgh!

Snippets

Calling All Australian and New Zealand Girls (and ...

Blerk

Inspiration

Exercise

Bad Eating

Weigh In Day

Gyms

Calories

archives