iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::20.10.05::

Battles

This afternoon I walked down to the kitchen at work to get a Diet Coke, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking of the Fruit and Nut Fundraiser Chocolates I'd seen on the bench. Good Kathryn wanted to resist but Evil Kathryn kept thinking of the chocolate melting on her tongue, leaving behind the chewy sultanas and the crunchy nuts. Yum. Evil Kathryn said, don't fight it.

Luckily, all the piggies at work had already eaten all the Fruit and Nut, leaving behind the far inferior Dairy Milk. I don't like plain chocolate. I did check out the alternate chocolate range in the munchie machine for a minute then decided to wait and get some Ovalteenies.

I won that battle even if it was by default. Once I never even fought battles - I instantly gratified every passing whim, sometimes with an aftermath of guilt and regret, but never with resistance. Then, a few years ago, I started fighting. I didn't often win but Good Kathryn began to emerge. Good Kathryn tried to put the brakes on and, over time, got stronger until she began to win more often than she lost. Every time Good Kathryn wins, she gets stronger. Every time I decide I don't need a chocolate bar to get through the afternoon, every time I stop eating when I've had enough, every time I feel like napping but go to the gym instead.

And while that is a reformation of sorts, it isn't enough. See like any battle, the ultimate goal is not just victory, not even winning the war. The ultimate goal is to restore peace and eliminate the need for further battles.

I can feel that happening. The battles are diminishing. The Land of Kathryn will one day be a peaceful land but, whereas once it was a land where lard ruled supreme, the new Kathryn will be a land of battle-hardened warriors, happy to retire from the fight but wiser and stronger from the fighting.

good Kathryn seems like a pretty cool chick ;) well done on resisting the choccy!

By Blogger Kt, at 7:24 pm  

An excellent post - and well done for not giving in to temptation. I think Good Kathryn is here to stay!

BTW, checked out T2 in Fitzroy today - thank you for recommending it, I got heaps of goodies, which I'll try and share on my blog in the next few days..

Keep up the excellent work and attitude!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 7:59 pm  

Oh hail Good Kathryn of Kathryn Land. I think it is the princess feet, all coddled in bouncy softness, who is bringing peace and harmoney to the land.

(I think fund raising chocolate should be banned from all work places - especially mine)

Love your work :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:59 pm  

I picture Good Kathryn wearing a Viking helment and carrying a HUGE spear, but managing to look alluring and feminine too.

By Blogger Sue, at 5:24 am  

Well done on resisting, even if your favourite chocs were gone. It is so hard when we know chocs are close by.
You are certainly winning the battle well!

By Blogger Suzy, at 8:29 am  

Hail Xena Warrior Princess.......it is a great feeling to recognise how much we have changed and how much power we actually have at times. Have funs with the bouncers over the weekend - I mean your new shoes not the ones at the pub 8-)

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 12:09 pm  

WOHOOOOOOOOOO - great post and well done to the Good Kathryn !!! What a great effort - keep it up and the lard will be gone forever !
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 2:46 pm  

temptation sure does surround us doesn't it? rah! I am waiting for the children that live in the apartment across from me to try and sell me fundraising chocolates!

give in? NEVER!

Lucinda

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hermitinthecity/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 pm  

Bwahaha..the Land of Kathryn with her many battles between good and evil but the good is prevailing!

By Blogger Mary, at 7:02 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Oestopath

Happy Feet

This time for real...

No Safety Net?

Fun Run Sunday

Oh Man

Gain

Linky McGlinky

Ahhhh... relief

Back

archives