iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::11.11.05::

Shiny Red Rewards

I know I said I wasn't going to buy me a 25 kilogram lost reward but some times the plan changes. I was walking through Myer today and thought I'd look at the stab blenders - gotta love that name. If I were a manufacturer of those things, I'd make one with a light in the end so when you are cooking you could pretending it was a light sabre but then maybe other people are like grown ups and don't do that stuff.

Anyways on the way to the blenders, I walked past this display and they had these things - they were like three shiny red square melamine boxes stacked up with a metal frame around them. They were really cute but a bit expensive and I didn't know what I'd use them for.

I love melamine though - it makes me think of the Skippy the Bush Kangaroo plate I had as a kid. If someone unlocked the secrets of my soul, I bet all my overeating would go back to that Skippy plate. I mean, who wouldn't overeat when you get to use a Skippy plate!

Anyway, I put the shiny red box thingie down and walked off. As I walked away, I thought of a great use for it. Salads. I could make three different salads and, when I wanted to eat them, I could just unstack the containers into three pretty red serving bowls and help myself. After dinner, I could stack them back up and put them in the fridge. Simple yet genius. But it was still too expensive.

Then I saw another display of them on the back wall with a big sign saying 30% off. Woohoo! Some things are meant to be!

So I got my shiny red reward. I wanted to get a body scrub too but I couldn't find one anywhere in the city. I know the body shop has them but I don't like the smells they come in there. I went to Lush but couldn't find any there.

When I got home, I realised my shiny red stack o' boxes wouldn't fit in my fridge. Damnit. But I took out the meat thingie at the top that I never use anyway - if I'm not eating meat straightaway, I bung it in the freezer - and now everything fits better. Then I put my deli meats in one of the red boxes and my cheeses in the other since I have no salad yet.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Updated because I found a pic :)

good loss and let me tell you...anything red and shiny is a winner for me!!!!

(could you borrow someone else's camera? ;)

By Blogger Argy, at 9:33 pm  

MELAMINE RAWKS! How pefectly old school. And I bet they look brilliant in red...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 pm  

Melamine?? I will be checking it out at the shops today :-) I swear we should all get paid for our endorsements on these blogs LOL!

By Blogger Mary, at 5:14 am  

We do tend to give encouragement to a lot of products for free. I'm glad you found something that felt rewarding. Your accomplishment should not go unnoticed and now you have a reminder every time you open the fridge. Hey! Maybe it can work as a reward and a signal to keep going. :)

By Blogger not specified, at 6:10 am  

lol @ light saber! very cool ;)
hey well done on this weeks loss too! going great!

By Blogger Kt, at 7:48 am  

Yay for your new red reward. They look very interesting to me. Gotta luv the fact that you really wanted it and it was 30% off!

By Blogger Suzy, at 8:58 am  

I saw these is a catalouge the other day! They look great! lol @ having to rearrange the fridge to fit them!!

By Blogger Leighanne, at 11:47 am  

I have a red tin one and they're great! Mine is looking a bit beat up, but let's call it well loved.

Re the Skippy plates: that's what I STILL eat off when I go to Nanna's!!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 2:42 pm  

Well done on the loss. And the Light Saber idea I love. I have a remote with a red light that we have pretend duels with, and the Coco pops lightsaber spoons - we have 2.

Excellent reward pressie, it was meant to be.
Jods.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 pm  

(I don't have a stutter, just realised I commented on an old post as wasn't sure if you would read it.)

Oh, and if you're going to get a stick blender, I couldn't recommend highly enough a Bamix. The one I have is stolen from my dad who bought it to make my baby food. I am now 24. Nuf said.

Big congrats on the 25kg gone too, now onto 30kg you go!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 2:12 am  

I love red, and I think they rock. What a cool reward. Good score at 30% off too.

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:59 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In Day

Reminder

I Can't Believe I Forgot...

Jumping on the favourite things bandwagon...

Waxing Thoughts

Ninjas of Shopping!

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

Weight Watchers: Cult of Evil?

archives