iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::11.11.05::

Weigh In Day

Another 800 grams gone. I'm down to 84.1 - it doesn't sound so dramatic, going from 84.9 to 84.1 and I'd have liked to get into the 83s but hey, I'm not complaining.

I wasn't sure how I'd go this week - the food has been good and I've been exercising like a mad thing, but I've also had my period and been eating some rather salty food this week.

Andrew and I got two big trays of ham and bacon at the market this week ($4 each - bargain). I haven't eaten ham or bacon for ages so am not sure how that will effect water retention etc. I also got some single serve pizza bases so last night I made a little pizza with bacon, pumpkin, capsicum and light cheese. It was so magically delicious and took no time at all to make.

Ha ha, it ended up being a woodfired pizza, Kathryn style. See I have one of those little toaster ovens and I put the pizza on a tray with baking paper under it then let it cook while I did the washing up. I looked over and the baking sheet must have curled up and touched the element at the top. The toaster oven was a hunka, hunka burnin' love!

I went to a new boxing class last night. It was the hardest class I've ever done in my life. I almost died. The first half was anyway. The second half, we had to boxing combos in partners. First I boxed and it wasn't too hard, then I had to hold the pads for my partner and they changed the combos. Oh man, these things were confusing. I couldn't remember all the moves and kept stuffing up. I think my partner was getting annoying with me because I kept putting the pads in the wrong place and slowing down her workout. So I'd apologise then she'd say it was okay. But I think she meant it more like - that's okay, just stop stuffing up. Arrggh! I don't know if I want to go back to that class because I don't like feeling like I'm letting someone else down.

After the class, I did some cardio - 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 on the bike and 20 minutes on the ellicptical thingo - but in 10 minute blocks. I keep pushing myself harder at the gym, I feel like just doing a class isn't enough. I guess that's okay so long as I don't go too far.

Great loss!!
The pizza sounds yummy - even woodfire style..lol

By Blogger Leighanne, at 8:29 am  

I hate not being able to keep up/get it right at a class. I did bodypump for the second time tonight and I was SO lost.

I've just noticed we are almost exactly the same weight. I'm 84.09 kilos (i'm really a stones and pounds gal 13stone 5lbs, or 185lbs). Really enjoy your blog. By the way I liked the blue!

By Blogger Lainey, at 8:42 am  

Well done on the great loss and well done on all that gym work.

Oh dear, flame grilled pizza!

By Blogger Suzy, at 12:05 pm  

I want some flame grilled pizza - now!
Congrats on your loss and thanks for your post. I have to tell you that we didnt get married by an Elvis impersonator, but if we ever go back we will!! Las Vegas is such a great place - you must go!!

The gym can be crazy like that - I did a body combat class and felt like the biggest unco in the world! Plus I was wearing a pair of gym tights that didnt fit right so I had to keep stopping and pulling up my pants! Not a good look!
Have a great weekend
v x

By Blogger missy vas, at 12:11 pm  

Congratulations on the loss! I also lost 800grams this week and am stoked as I seem to have slowed right down lately.
The pizza did sound yummy even though you did try and set it on fire

:o)

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 2:05 pm  

That pizza sounds like it was really yummy - maybe I should try to make my own rather than occassionaly having a bought one - that way I could have them more often couldn't I ???
Have a great weekend and take care !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 2:14 pm  

Firstly, love the new look blog! Good going with the loss too, awesome!! Holy shit with the oven. Were you able to save the oven!? Lucky you didn't go have a shower or something.

I know what you mean about the exercise. It's hard enough not letting yourself down (which you aren't btw) but just that feeling of being responsible for someone else's workout as well is a bit tough. But maybe if you really like the class, the more you go, the better you will become hey :-)

I hope you have a great weekend matey!

By Blogger Mary, at 5:05 am  

Well done on your loss!

I used to go to Fitness First and do some Pilates classes there and sometimes I would get such attitude from other people in the class for bumping into them. Never mind that we were crammed in like sardines.
Anyway, I wouldn't feel too bad about the boxing class (it was your first night there after all). And you did brilliantly on cardio! 30 minutes on those elliptical trainer things and I was stuffed.

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Sarah, at 11:16 am  

Oh, and if you're going to get a stick blender, I couldn't recommend highly enough a Bamix. The one I have is stolen from my dad who bought it to make my baby food. I am now 24. Nuf said.

Big congrats on the 25kg gone too, now onto 30kg you go!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 2:07 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Reminder

I Can't Believe I Forgot...

Jumping on the favourite things bandwagon...

Waxing Thoughts

Ninjas of Shopping!

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

Weight Watchers: Cult of Evil?

Melbourne Cup (o' Lard) Day and Challenges

archives