iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::8.11.05::

Waxing Thoughts

This morning I had to hand over my licence for ID. The receptionist asked me if it was my licence. I wasn't really paying attention and just said - yeah, of course. She looked at the photo again and said I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight since it was taken. I preened and thanked her. Then she looked at the photo again and said, "...but you were so pretty then."*

What the hell does that make me now? Some people should just stick to receptionisting and stop commenting on people's personal opinions. She should have seen me a couple of hours later after my killer session at the gym. I sure wasn't pretty then.

* I had done good hair and makeup for the licence photo. I had no good hair or makeup this morning.

***

One of the beauty salons near me is advertising a "Boyzillian" - which, I assume, is a brazillian wax for men. What do you think? Would you prefer your man less hirsuite? As much as I hate a hairy back, I think these is something emasculinated about a man who has hair removal done.

***

On the topic of waxing, I have a confession to make. I've always been rather anti "bimbo" magazines. I'll flick through a copy of Cosmo if I'm in a coffee shop and I'm bored but I'd never buy it. I don't really care about celebs or any of that other stuff they talk about. But lately I've started buying the most bimbo magazine of all - Shop Until You Drop magazine! Egads. The best thing about Shop Until You Drop is that they tell you the size range for all the clothes they feature. The worst thing is that most of them only go up to a 12 or 14!

Anyway in this month's issue they have a free Veet waxing strip. I just went to use it and it says waxing is not suitable for the elderly or diabetic. Why can't you wax when you are diabetic? I don't wanna be diabetic and hairy.

***

I know that getting fit isn't a competition, except against myself, but boy do I love it when I bet someone. At the gym today, the woman on the treadmill beside, who looked rather fit, kept checking out what I was doing and trying to copy. But she couldn't keep up. I was tempted to lean over and tell her that I'd been working out for 40 minutes before she'd even turned up.

Those "oh you lost weight..blah blah" situations can be so awkward! People just don't think but WHOO HOO for the compliment anyway :-)

Boyzillian?? I am not sure if I like the idea? Nope, don't think I do. I'd feel too sorry for him because of the upkeep afterwards.

LOL at the gym experience, go Kathryn!!

By Blogger Mary, at 5:51 pm  

I'd be tempted to give the receptionist a good slap! And no, I don't think I'd want my man to have a 'back, sack and crack'!

By Blogger Sue, at 7:33 pm  

You've changed the layout of the site! Looks great!

Boyzillian?! David doesn't like tweezers, let alone hot wax!

That receptionist needs to remember to bring her brain with her to work next time.

Good on you for powering on at the gym!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 9:30 pm  

WTF? With the comment by the receptionist...you may have been pretty then Kathryn but you could tell the receptionist that you are hot now or something to that effect hehe.

Boyzillian, no no no - hair is good...not on the back...but down there, hair please.

I almost thought I had got lost in blogland, love the layout. Congrats on your loss a few days back - and your super gym effort...I am actually contemplating taking my fitness first pass with me to Perth...just in case. mwhahaha

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 pm  

Your blog looks great. Receptionists should keep their personal opinions to themselves. Didn't think I liked hairy men but I have discovered that I do!

By Blogger Suzy, at 9:03 am  

I am with Philippa - loving the new look!
You should of told the receptionist that you are sure that she would have once looked pretty as well! Stupid Woman! Did ya slap her?
Hmm .. hairy men? I used to shudder at the thought but BF has hair and I love it now!

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 9:26 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Ninjas of Shopping!

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

Weight Watchers: Cult of Evil?

Melbourne Cup (o' Lard) Day and Challenges

I Want...

Some days...

Grrr!

Goals

archives