iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::9.11.05::

Jumping on the favourite things bandwagon...

I thought I'd do this thing that everyone is doing, cos you know, if everyone else jumped off the West Gate Bridge, I would. Well maybe not. Does jumping off bridges burn many calories?

I think I'm going to struggle with this because I don't like that much stuff really.

Twelve movies I like:

Zoolander
Royal Tenenbaums
Rocky 3
The Hotel New Hampshire

... okay that's my complete dvd collection, might have to come back to this.


Eleven good bands/Artists

Flaming Lips
Beth Orton
Bjork
Bruce Springsteen
The Spazzys (well not an all time fave but on high rotation on the ipod workout list)
The White Stripes
Tim Rogers
Evan Dando
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
PJ Harvey
Cold Chisel

Ten Things about me

I love wearing my jammies. I'd spend all day in my pjs if I could.

My sister and I produced and presented a tv show on CH 31 for 2 years. It was lots of fun and we got to meet some of our favourite bands but it broke our souls and I'm not sure if we'll ever fully recover.

Sometimes I think I will do anything to procrastinate instead of writing (like doing these lists). I don't know why because the one thing I want to do in life at the moment is finish my novel.

My least favourite fat roll is the one under my breasts. I hate that fat roll so much. When I was at my biggest, I went on holidays to Vietnam and a bunch of woman came up to me and, even thought their English wasn't the best, I'm pretty sure they were saying I had four breasts. That's probably the most humilitating experience of my life.

My mum always accuses my sister and I of not being grown up. She doesn't know our secret - we don't want to be.

When I was at my biggest, I had plastic surgery - mega liposuction. I'm still not sure if it was a good thing or not and I think the whole subject needs a post of it's own so I'll say no more atm.

I'm usually reserved around people when I first meet them but am getting more comfortable with revealing the "real" me.

I have done some wacky jobs in my life including phone psychic (which I can't spell), mystery shopper and factory work. For a while, a friend and I ran a shop and did market stalls. I made and sold fluffy, fake fur handbags. I did this while working full time and studying part time for my degree. And raising a child. I think I was insane.

I've travelled to SE Asia, Europe, NZ and the US. My favourite place so far as been Cambodia.

I have one son. Andrew. He is 18.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



(I made this picture of Andrew in Paint many years ago and I think it captures the essence of his Andrewness)

People always tell me I look too young to have an 18 year old son. I like it when they say that :)

Nine good friends - Nine! People have nine friends!

David (Sugar Lips)
Anita - my sister
Tim
Simon
Jenny
Graeme
Andrew - I always tell him that I'm his friend as well as his mother. He just glares at me (sometimes he tries to kick me). Then I tell him that we are like the Gilmore Girls. Andrew hates the Gilmore Girls and he'll never be Rory.
That's it. Sob, I don't have nine friends. Well I have other friends but not good friends and if I added them, they'd only be on the list to make up the numbers.

Eight favourite foods or drinks

This is a hard one because my favourite foods have changed so much lately.

Margaritas - I have drank my own body weight in margaritas and that is no mean feat, trust me.
Turkish Delight
Chai Tea - but it has to be made right
Cheese... good cheese. Especially vintage cheddars.
Gnocchi. I love gnocchi. I'm going to buy some from the Preston Market today to have for my dinner.
Summer Fruits - can't wait for all the yummy fruits to hit the shops. Especially lychees. I developed a love of these last summer. They are magically delicious.
Champagne and sparkling wines
Frangelico

Seven Things I wear daily

PJs - see above. I put them on as soon as I get home.

Pink fluffy slippers - when I was a kid I hated wearing anything on my feet. Now I hate having bare feet.

Trackies - got to workout every day, don't you know.

Runners - see above.

Bra - I could never be the type of girl who goes braless. Mr Gravity hasn't been kind to me.

Nail Polish - usually half chipped off.

Knickers. Except for last night when I got home from the gym and just chucked on an old pair of trackies. Then I dashed out to the supermarket and realised KMart was open so I went in for a look and found some cargo pants I wanted. Then remembered the no knicker thing and realised I couldn't try them on. Yikes. I bought them anyway and they fit (luckily, cos I wasn't thinking and ripped the tags off first).

Five things I do daily

Smoke
Talk to David
Go online
Weigh myself - bad habit but I can't resist
Listen to RRR (I always forget to turn off my clock radio on the weekend)

Four Shows I watch

Hard one because I never watch tv. I forget I have tv. I wanted to watch the new John Saffran show on SBS this week but forgot until it was nearly finished then I had to move the antenna to get reception and that was too much effort.

I just finished watching Firefly on dvd.

Oh and I love the Gilmore Girls. I'd watch that if it was on.

Three places I have lived

St Kilda
Yarraville
Hobart

Two Things I want

To finish my novel and get it published (and to have it become a bestseller then to sell the movie rights and have a huge blockbuster movie made from it and basically to sell more copies than the Bible and Harry Potter combined - may as well dream big)

To get to my goal weight - of course.

Although last night all I wanted was a Domino's Meatasaurus pizza. "Making Laws For Clouds" by Nick Earls is not a good book to read when you are dieting.

One Person I want to see right now

I can't really think of anyone. If I want to see someone, I go see them or call them up. I guess if Mr Jack White from the White Stripes turned up on my doorstep saying he wanted to take me away from all this, I wouldn't turn him away *weg*.

Hi there - congrats on getting under your 85kg goal.....that is really wonderful. Like the look of the new blog too. Have a great week.lb

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 10:09 am  

Gnocch, cheese and champagne! I AGREE!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 am  

Great post! I love the Gilmore Girls too. I don't know why I didn't put them on my list.

Hope the writing is going well!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 11:18 am  

You have a lot more patience than I do to put forth the effort for the 12 to 1 favorite things. Whew! It is interesting to see though. I probably shouldn't be so lazy. :)

By Blogger not specified, at 1:06 pm  

Yes! The White Stripes! And Bjork! And a lot of other stuff you mentioned!

How fun - thanks for sharing!

By Blogger Zara, at 2:41 pm  

"it broke our souls"" That is exactly Ihow I feel about all the voluntary work I used to do..

By Blogger michelle, at 3:32 pm  

Love the look! :)

By Blogger Ang, at 3:34 pm  

I so love these lists! And I am so much like you with the pj's!

And you can actually wear them out too! Although I prefer the cotton or flannel material for pj's, being a pj freak I also have a few satin ones.

well, the pants go great with simple white tshirts and nice flat sandals for a summer night out. try it, it feels so free and yet kinda naughty too!!!

By Blogger Argy, at 8:38 pm  

i love the list i might have to jump on the band wagon too and do the list.

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 9:36 pm  

woo! you have most excellent taste in everything!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 pm  

Your list is so cool, and will be waiting for your m.l. post with anticipation. My thoughts have been wandering down this path more often than not lately and I am very close to actually going to have a consultation. What does that say about my healthy mind!!

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:30 am  

I have done the 12 things list as well. I think its reveals quite a lot about people! Your weight loss so far has been sensational - keep it up!

And I haev to say - Turkish Delight - YUMMO!!

By Blogger missy vas, at 11:40 am  

Thanks for sharing! We have some similar tastes and you seem like an alternative chick too. Yeah, you sound too young to have an 18 year old son but at least you'd have a more in tune relationship with your son (IMHO)?? My parents are from another generation and sometimes I wish I could just rock up and say, hey..look at my new tatt or whatever.

By Blogger Mary, at 5:11 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Waxing Thoughts

Ninjas of Shopping!

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

Weight Watchers: Cult of Evil?

Melbourne Cup (o' Lard) Day and Challenges

I Want...

Some days...

Grrr!

archives