iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::3.4.06::

Gym Bitching

I saw the funniest thing at the gym today - have you ever watched people do Body Jam class? It reminded me of that Fat Boy Slim video from a few years ago. The instructor was getting so into it but he just looked so wrong. I was trying to do my stretches but I kept cracking up.

Lately, there have been some things bugging me about my gym. Do these things annoy anyone else:

  1. Instructors who rush through the stretches at the end of the class? You always get told to told stretches for at least 20 secs so how come it's okay to do a 5 sec quad stretch after spin class?
  2. Instructors who put on music so loud, you can't hear them over it? I've been caught out a few times in spin class - I just follow the instructor and don't realise they are showing us what NOT to do.
  3. Or even the music in the gym being played really loud. Sometimes I have to have my ipod up full volume when I'm on the treadmill to drown out their shitty dance music. I'm sure that isn't good for my ear health.
  4. Personal trainers who do their personal training close to my head when I'm stretching (or doing that lying on the mat trying to get the energy to get to the change room thing after stretching).
  5. Instructors who sing along with the music. Don't. Just don't.
  6. Instructors who want class participation. In the singing, not the exercise.

But I do like that we now have yummy Nivea apricot body wash in the showers instead of that generic soap stuff.


OMG!!! I am so with you on instructors who SING....sooo sooo bad!

By Blogger Angie, at 8:30 pm  

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

yep i am with you on all of these. was only raging the other day about the loud gym thing, i am sure it's not healthy for my ipod to be up so high.

hate the quick stretches too. also hate people who leave for the stretches OR halfway through the stretches. is your life SoooOOoo important you can't stay another 30 seconds!?!

By Blogger Shauna, at 9:34 pm  

Just yesterday the my bodypump instructor split the class in two and made one half shout "Pump it" and the other half "Louder" along with the music.

What? No thanks - this isn't much fun on a Sunday morning without you being a pain in the arse to boot!

By Blogger Lainey, at 11:31 pm  

Add to that list - people who douse themselves with perfume before there workout and people who don't wash their gym clothes!

By Blogger Sue, at 7:20 am  

Believe me if you want.... I used to do modern dance about 15 years ago and the 'fill in' instructor lit up a smoke.... no bullsh*t.

By Blogger Cinders, at 8:45 am  

And another thing.. When a personal trainer is taking their client on a session and they hog 3 machines because they are doing circuits and one of them is the last machine you need to do before you are finished and then they get shitty because you dared change the weight on one and interupt them whilst they are poncing on the other machine.

Well excuse me.

I feel better now. Thanks :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:33 pm  

Bwahaha gym bitching, so it's all true! Now I have to go off and put on that Fat Boy Slim album :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 2:52 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

More Sunday Thoughts

Sunday Stuff

Weigh In - 76 kgs

Plans

The Good

Blair Witch Wedding

Weigh In - 74 kgs

Stuff

Handy Hint...

Sniffles

archives