iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::20.3.06::

Sniffles

I was going to go running tonight but I've got the sniffles so I thought I should rest up - can't afford to take a sickie in my first week of work. This morning was ... well, interesting... I am working in a different building to the one I was interviewed in and realised on the weekend that the woman at the agency had forgot to send me the address. By the time I'd stuffed around, trying to get in touch with her, my housemate had beaten me to the shower so I ended up running late, but it all worked out in the end.

My new boss only works part time so he gave me a quick overview this morning. I felt so overwhelmed, I wanted to run out screaming - so much to take in. Then he left me reading through stuff and it started to make sense. I always have that crisis of faith moment when I start a new job.

I'm not sure what to do about bridezilla. When I started feeling sick today, the little devil on my shoulder said - if I'm sick, I can skip the wedding (and use the travel/accommodation money on a pair of kickarse boots. If it wasn't the last chance I get to see my friends before they go back to overseas, you'd definitely see me in those boots real soon.

I really want to say something about her behaviour on Saturday night but I know if I do, she'll turn it into a total drama queen moment ... and I'd end up looking like a bitch upsetting her the week before the wedding. But, this has really reinforced some stuff I've been thinking.

This girl acts all quiet and unassuming but she is quite nasty and competitive beneath it all and that mean streak always comes out when she's drinking. And mostly it's aimed towards me. The thing is that I can be all mouthy when I'm around my friends and so she thinks it's okay to say these things but the difference is, I'd never intentionally say stuff to hurt someone.

And, to be honest, I have been really hurt by her behaviour. I feel like I've done everything I can to be supportive over the last few months and, as soon as she has other people around, she treats me like shit.

She is such a jealous person - I know she's jealous of my weight loss because other people have told me but it isn't just that. She is so bitter about anyone having anything she doesn't. Another friend went overseas last year and she got so worked up over that. I don't think she'll ever be happy because she feels like other people's achievements or possesions somehow diminish the thinks she has in life.

Anyway, what I'm thinking is that I'll play nice until after the wedding then just cut her out of my life. I really don't need that shit. I have some great people in my life who are really supportive and wonderful, I'll leave the stupid games of bitchiness and oneupmanship for those who have nothing better to do in their lives.

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Drinking

Rollercoaster of Lard - Weigh in 74 kgs

Tired

Once More, With Feeling...

Dear Anon,

Busy Busy

Me

Weigh In - 75.6 kgs

Food

Work

archives