iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::16.3.06::

Tired

I skipped the gym tonight, something I rarely do but I hurt my leg yesterday walking home from work and I'm sooooooo tired. I'll put in the hard yards tomorrow.

Things went well at work today - I'm finishing up this job tomorrow and starting the new one on Monday. The bad news is I don't get my first pay until mid April. That is going to take some budgeting to deal with. Damn money, it's always a problem.

I'm still finding it freaky that I've lost a third of me. It's not even about the weight loss but that I once had a third of my body just hanging around doing nothing. I'm still flabby but a lot of the 2/3s left contain vital things like internal organs and skin and bones and muscles. The third I've lost contained none of that. It was not earning it's keep unless I was stuck in the desert or something and I had to live off my fat reserves for months... and since I'm not one of the Leyland Brothers, that's not likely to happen.

Today I was thinking, people get all het up because some study shows a tentative link between some food or habit and a disease. If you eat this you might increase your chances of butt cancer or whatever. But really it's the big picture that counts. If your basic diet is rubbish then drinking 2 cups of green tea a day or taking a vitamin pill is a waste of time.

If you are overweight and you eat an unhealthy diet, you will eventually wreck your health, both physically and mentally. No two ways about it. I used to say - I might be fat but I'm healthy. I said that after I had my gall bladder removed. I said it after I was diagnosed with diabetes. I said it when I hardly had the energy to get out of bed of a morning.

Breathing and walking around don't mean you are healthy. Being free of disease doesn't even mean you are healthy.

I'm glad I'm not in that place now.

Kathryn can you email me? I have something to ask you, (michelle_caldwell@hotmail.com)(fairly urgent.

By Blogger michelle, at 8:56 pm  

You have such a great way of expressing things - especially like the third of you hanging around doing nothing!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:24 am  

I love the comment about 1/3 of your body hanging around doing nothing - it is so true and such a great way to put it !
Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning - I really needed it badly.
Good luck for the new job on Monday - will be crossing fingers that it is a good as it sounds and that is lasts longer than you expected.
Have a great weekend and take care !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 9:48 am  

It's good to be able to know when to give your body a break and not feel guilty about it either.

Great to hear you start the new job on Monday too. The money thing sure sucks but I hope you can borrow some money from someone, knowing that you can pay them back as soon as.

WOW 1/3 of your body. Isn't it amazing when you say it like that. Well done Kathryn and to know that it was done sensibly is even more inspiring.

I think you are so right when you basically say that if you are overweight, you are unhealthy. I feel that after studying weight, health, nutrition for the past year and physically doing something about my own body has taught me so much and really opened up my eyes.

LOL yep, 2 cups of green tea hey...and then the vodka, wine and everything else :-)

You sound like you are in a really good place both physically and mentally now, whoot!

By Blogger Mary, at 6:42 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Once More, With Feeling...

Dear Anon,

Busy Busy

Me

Weigh In - 75.6 kgs

Food

Work

Run Baby Run

Binge Triggers and Problem Foods

Binge Triggers and Problem Foods

archives