iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.3.06::

Run Baby Run

Yesterday I did the "We Can Walk It Out" fun run - 8 km (although technically 2 laps of the Tan is 7.5). It was a lovely day and I spent some time walking with Lucinda then I took off running and ran about half of it all up. When I finished I realised that was about half the distance I'm doing for the Run For The Kids. I'm going to try to cover the 14.7 km in a walk/run in the next couple of weeks.

So tonight I was going to skip the running training but I've been eating too much and felt bad so I went along and ran almost all of the 5 kms tonight. I could have done more, I think. I feel like I didn't push myself to the limit.

***

No work tomorrow so I'm going to do a full weights session at the gym before I go to class tomorrow night. Then I start a new temp role on Wednesday. I was panicking all weekend because I had no work lined up (and that might in some way get back to eating so much on the weekend). I have enough money to live on so that's fine except my friend's wedding is coming up real soon - less than 3 weeks - and it's in the country so we have to travel and pay for accomodation. We are doing it all on the cheap but it still adds up.

So today I was offered this role until May. Still involves a lot of travelling and the pay is less than I'd like but I figure it's going to keep me going and if one of the other roles I've applied for comes up, I'll move on. After all, IT work pays double the hourly rate of admin.

Anyway what that means is that I can breath easy again. Maybe soon I can even get my car fixed. And I can buy a pretty party dress to wear to the wedding!

Congrats on the running! I can't run to save my life!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 am  

Well done on the running, especially if you feel like you could have done more. Even though this job doesn't pay as much maybe they'll be nicer to you and that will make it better than the last one? I hope so for your sake, there's nothing worse than a job you're not happy in. Although at least with temping there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Have a great day. Sounds like the chocolate demons are under control now.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 8:35 am  

Hi Kathryn, I've been lurking for a while and just want to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. Hearing about your running & walking exploits has inspired me to get back out there again. I may even take our dog for a walk/run (with more walking than running) tonight! Els

By Blogger Els, at 9:39 am  

GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE RUN.HAVE TO BE HONEST I CAN ONLY RUN IN VERY SHORT SPURTS SO I AM QUITE NERVOUS ABOUT THE APRIL 14KM RUN. YOU WILL DO GREAT. GOOD NEWS ABOUT TEH JOB

By Blogger michelle, at 12:41 pm  

wow, sounds like u are doing really well on the running front & congrats on the job!!!

By Blogger Kt, at 6:05 pm  

You are doing really well with your running girl, I'm impressed and inspired. I hope the new job turns out to be nicer!

By Blogger Mary, at 5:19 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Binge Triggers and Problem Foods

Binge Triggers and Problem Foods

Weigh In Day - 75.2 Kilograms

Call the circus...

More About Chocolate

Quickie...

Stuffed

Sore

19 Years

WTF...

archives