iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::26.2.06::

Sore

I went to the gym today but did a light workout cos my leg is still sore. I want to go to running training tomorrow so I hope it's better by then.

Is it just me or do other people get the urge to pass on diet advice to complete strangers? I'm like a reformed smoker or a newly-converted Christian. I see someone hoeing into a jam donut at the train station and have to fight not to say anything.

Of course I never do say anything. I value my life too much. And I know how totally annoying that would be. But the urge is still there.

Hi Kathryn. u should see me when I work at Nick's Fish & Chip shop... There are so many people I feel like shaking. But what can u do?? I'm sure there are heaps of customers who look at me as if I've eaten too many f&c's also.
I hope your leg is better for your training. Have a great week.

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:46 pm  

I know exactly what you mean, so many times I have had to bite my tongue! sometimes things seem so obvious to me and/or so wrong and I want to tell that person, but I just hold it in. Interesting point though :-)

By Blogger Angel, at 10:54 pm  

I actually have a funny story about something like that. This older couple was arguing at a fast food restaurant about why she wasn't losing weight even though she was eating salads. I wanted to yell back that there was more fat in her dressing (I swear to god she had like a cup of the stuff) than in his burger. I didn't say anything although my husband and I started talking about it really loudly. :P

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 am  

Well done for displaying restraint at the gym, being injured sux eggs.

I can't believe you have a 19yo son either. Until you elluded to Andrew's age a few months ago, I thought you were 30-ish. I have known a friend for 18mths, she's 29, her partner's 30 and their kids are 12 and 10. While I don't usually even blink at the situation, it does hit me every now and then that she went through horrific labour at the same age my biggest problem was the logistics of 3 parties in one night.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 1:35 am  

I know what you mean, although it's some of my friends too as well as strangers. I sometimes just feel like I've discovered an amazing secret (even though it's just eat less-exercise more) and that I really should share it. Then I realise that it's common sense, and that if they wanted to lose weight they know where I am. Still, it kills me to see what they're doing to themselves.

By Blogger YP, at 4:33 am  

Yip, isn't that funny??? haha.

By Blogger Ang, at 5:46 am  

I am exactly the same, and I try and keep my mouth shut, as hard as that is for me. My DH has 40 kg plus to lose and he just doesn't get that he needs to give up drinking beer and do some exercise. Although I have bought him an exercise bike for his birthday this week!! (*evil grin*).
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 10:10 am  

Aww poor thing, I hope your legs get better soon, but smart @ doing light workouts ~ building up endurance without added strain.

HA! I want to do the exact same thing but I know better @ complete strangers.

I noticed how much shit people actually eat, or if at Uni there is a BBQ or something I'm probably the only one watching how much oil and ick is being put in the food.

I'd never say anything though because yea I like my life too. I'm even reluctant to talk about eating habits when people ask cause I know I can fall into a mini lecture on nutrition.

And honestly who'd take a fat girl seriously about weight loss. So I'd just be wasting my breath.

Happy Belated Birthday to Andrew too!

By Blogger Dee, at 11:18 am  

LOL I do feel like it at times but of course I wouldn't. If someone starts hassling me about what I'm eating, I let it rip. I don't like people telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing unless I ask for advice and put myself out there for it.

By Blogger Mary, at 4:21 pm  

Oh but on the other hand, my mother and Dan do get some lectures sometimes :-/

By Blogger Mary, at 4:22 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

19 Years

WTF...

Weigh In - 77 kgs

Melbourne Bloggers Meetup

Synchronicity

I Need Sleep

I Love Lychees

Running

The Girl with the Most Cake...

What the hell am I doing?

archives