iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::3.3.06::

Weigh In Day - 75.2 Kilograms

That's a loss of 1.8 kgs from last week. I should be elated, and part of me is, but I'm also worried about what my crazy body is doing. Up until a month or so ago, if you plotted my weight on a graph (as I do in Excel), mostly it was a steady downward gradient with only a few bumps. Now it's like some kind of wacked out rollercoaster. After all chocolate I've eaten this week, I wouldn't be surprised if I gain again next week. Otherwise I am 100 grams from the 35 kilograms lost mark and 5.2 kgs away from my goal. Woohoo.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - well done on the loss. I know what you mean about not knowing what is going on with your body - I feel exactly like that at the moment. Sometimes when you try so hard and don't have the loss you expect it is hard to accept and then the reverse happens and you have to wonder what the ....
Have a gerat week - I am sure those last few kilos will be gone in no time !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 10:08 am  

Hey Kathryn what a great result....good to catch up on the blogs today....You have done a wonderful job to keep up with everything else in your like as well as almost to the 35kg marks....your great. Have a fantastic weekend.lb

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 1:09 pm  

WTF?? Ok I'm officially jealous. Eat Chocolate and lose a tonne of weight. Bugger is that what I'm doing wrong?

By Blogger Jadey, at 4:23 pm  

*hugs*

By Blogger Argy, at 5:28 pm  

That is a HUGE loss!!!

Congrats

Ps - Looking forward to becoming a gym freak for the next 8 weeks.

By Blogger Ang, at 5:41 pm  

This may sound weird and I wish I had the space to get into it more but...

Two trainer friends of mine (one was Mr Australia - Ken Levandah) told me that when we diet, diet diet... or body can become used to it and go into maintain mode. However, if you occasionally 'bust out' your body says "Yay, we're not on a diet anymore, use up these calories cause we don't need to store them".

It is so true.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 6:40 pm  

Congratulations Kathryn. Maybe you have felt like some chocolate cos you were actually well under calories considering your consistant exercise including runs. Hope it means you can have some snack food sometimes and keep losing. It is totally weird how the body holds weight for a while and then decides to drop another kilo out of the blue.
i am so happy for you. sounds like the good news of being 75kg has come at a good time for you this week, all those times where you lacked a dollar for a healthy snack, or had to run to make it to your fun run, and felt broke cos you have paid for your gym despite work problems. Well now you get to see the reward. Awesome news.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 pm  

Don't stress about the up and down, you're still so close to your overall goal that you need to celebrate what you have achieved rather than stressing about the inconsistencies of the scale! Well done.

By Blogger YP, at 7:16 am  

Well done on the loss Kath - so close now! V.v proud of you xx

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 11:29 am  

WHOO HOO!! Well done Kathryn. Take the loss and celebrate :-) Do you reckon choc just goes straight through you? I know when I eat it, I get the runs and it could mean I'm probably lactose intolerant but anyway...I don't seem to put on after eating it either. Strange.

By Blogger Mary, at 8:59 am  

OMG!

Awesome loss (totally jealous you know but totally excited for you!)

I can't believe you're 5.2kgs away from goal. You have accomplished so much since I started reading you last year. I absolutely love it! and am so so proud of everything you've accomplished.

::hug::

Keep up the great work, you'll be at goal in no time... chocolate or not heh.

By Blogger Dee, at 9:13 am  

Well done girl. Even after all the chocolate. You are so close to goal now, you must be able to smell it!
Yiiiihar.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 3:17 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Call the circus...

More About Chocolate

Quickie...

Stuffed

Sore

19 Years

WTF...

Weigh In - 77 kgs

Melbourne Bloggers Meetup

Synchronicity

archives