iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.5.06::

Pumpkin Sage Pasta Sauce

I made my favourite pasta sauce tonight and thought I'd share it if anyone wants the recipe. Ages ago, I got one of those pasta sauces in a jar and it was magically delicious but when I read the ingredients, I realised it would be so simple to make myself so this is my version:

Saute some onion, garlic (heaps) and capsicum (I do this in stock) then add a heap of chopped pumpkin, grated carrot and a can of tomatoes. I usually use enough so my frypan is full (that's about as technical as I get). Sprinkle dried sage over the top.

Cook until the vegies are really soft. You can blend it if you have a blending thing or keep it lumpy. Tonight I just have it a bash with the spud masher. Add in a tablespoon of low fat ricotta per person. Serve over pasta - I use and recommend the homemade pumpkin gnocchi from Preston Market.

Is it wrong to have a pumpkin sauce with pumpkin gnocchi, cos if it is, I don't ever want to be right.

Last night I wore my sexy new dress. I didn't pick up but I think I got a few ogling looks. We took even more photos (the memory in my sister's new photo is now full) but we still haven't worked out how to get them off the phone. It was my sister's birthday last night - the real reason we went out although showing off my dress was reason enough.

We wanted to go to dinner but weren't sure where, then on the tram on the way home from the gym, I got a brain wave. FAJITAS!

There's a Taco Bill nearby so we went there. Luckily we didn't realise it was margarita happy hour until we were leaving or I'd still be in a coma. I think I'm going to make my own fajitas this week - they are so easy and delicious.

Then we went over to St Kilda, more drinks (cosmopolitians = yum) then off to the Prince to see the Beasts of Bourbon. Oh boy, were they great! Tex Perkins cracks me up so much.

I think I'm going to quit drinking now for the next few weeks though. Those booze calories soon add up. Luckily I did a killer session at the gym before I went out - running on the treadmill with some HUGE hills. I also did leg weights and realised the reason I get sore in the wrong muscles when I do leg curls is that I have the weight set too low - I end up using the momentum and get sore calfs instead of gluts. I also did a heap of squats with those killer pulses. I love to torture myself.

I made a workout plan for the week yesterday and today's exercise was a long run. What was I thinking? After all those hills and squats yesterday, there was no running to be done today. I didn't want to go into the city to the gym but was feeling like I needed to exercise so ended up at the pool for a swim. I haven't been swimming in months. To be honest, swim bores me. But I decided to have race laps against myself to make it interesting. I'm not going to post my lap times because I'm the slowest swimmer ever - it would be humiliating.

Tonight's plan is Buffy dvds and maybe some popcorn. I've been trying to think of interesting popcorn toppings. I found a recipe that used pizza seasoning so I'm going to get me some of that for next time. Any other good ideas?

Speaking of Buffy, since my reward when I get to goal is the complete Buffy box set, today while I was swimming I decided to make motivational posters. These are some of the ideas (bad pun warning):

- Get Buff
- Become Willowy
- Spike those kilograms...
- Be a calorie Angel...
- Do you really need those kilo-Giles?
- Resisted the chocolate. Good Anya!
- Have Faith that you can do this!
- Keep that food out of your (hell)mouth!

All with appropriate pictures of course.

That pasta sounds great and I love fajitas too. I just ate dinner but this is making me hungry again! Sounds like you're having a great weekend.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 8:30 pm  

LOL at the Buffy Puns. Once you have worked out how to get the photo's off your camera you should definitely take a photo of the poster and post it...

Or not :D

Hope you have a great weekend

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:57 pm  

ha ha ha... nice puns!

that pasta sauce sounds deeeeeelicious... will have to give it a bash!

By Blogger Shauna, at 9:25 pm  

Hehehe! I love the Buff puns. Pity you couldn't fit Xander in there.

Fajitas, margaritas and the Beasts of Bourbon? Damn, that sounds like a kick arse night out! I love Mexican food and there ain't nothing wrong with a bit of Tex ogling too (and the Beasts are pretty damn good too, hehe)

By Blogger Sarah, at 10:15 am  

Thanks for the pumpkin pasta recipe, I love pumpkin and that should totally delish!! Margarita happy hour seems like the happiest place on earth - wow, I think I would have joined you comatose on the floor if I was there and we'd noticed it in time! Yummo! Looks like you are going great guns with the exercise, and love those Buffy motivational lines :) Hope the weekend continues to be great, Ails xxx

By Blogger Ails, at 10:17 am  

Yummo! That pasta sauce sounds delish! LOL, love the poster ideas too.

By Blogger Suzy, at 12:03 pm  

hmm, pumpkin is so good - that sauce sounds nice, i will try it sometime. I also some use the creamy pumpkin & bacon soup recipie as a pasta sauce.
sounds like u had an awesome night out!
& lol @ the buffy puns, too funny

By Blogger Kt, at 2:21 pm  

hehe - love the motivation. Go you good thing.

By Blogger Ang, at 2:22 pm  

Thanks for the pasta recipe, yum and I'm still thinking of Tex. I used to *drool* over him! Glad you had a great night :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 5:09 pm  

yum pasta sounds good,
love the buffyisms
good on ya

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 5:43 pm  

The pasta sounds yummy might add that to my try out list. Love Buffy and love your poster ideas very cool!

By Blogger Bex, at 7:44 pm  

I made this sauce with pasta for dinner tonight. YUM!!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 9:26 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 72.3

Dress

Stuffed

Love

Weigh In - 72.1

Thinking

Sunny

Resting

Not so fun run

Chic

archives