iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::13.11.05::

Saturday Night Cocktails

I had a wee blowout last night. Well how can a girl resist when there is a cocktail on the menu that combines some of her favourite taste sensations ever - Grande Marnier, Lychee liqueur (I love lychees, can't wait for them to come into season), raspberry and rose water. I'm a total sucker for anything rose flavoured or containing rosewater as well.

Go me though. I stopped after one. I did have a few rather nice glasses of Scotchman's Hill Pinot Gris though. I so rarely drink now that I get tipsy like a 15 year old sucking on a bottle of Stones before the school social!

Yesterday arvo I went for a huge walk - over 8 kms. I've been wanting to walk 8 km for ages to prove I could do it and I can, although the last 3 km home nearly killed. I felt every step. I did jog a few bits though. I would like to jog more but I'm wary of my back! Damn this old body.

I walked to the Collingwood Children's Farm and back. I've always wanted to go there but I was sorely disappointed to find it was a farm FOR children, not a real children's farm with battery-caged kiddies. LOL.

I've got this great mental image of all these little cutie-pies with their faces pressed up against the bars!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:30 pm  

I have the same image. Sad thing was I was laughing. *bad girl*

Great walk Kathryn. Well done. :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:56 pm  

Yay an 8km walk! I have always wanted to work from my home to 'town' which is about 11km! Might aim to do that over the summer (but get BF to pick me up from town!)
Hehe! I shouldn't laugh a the thought of children being in cages .. I don't even like the thought of chickens living like that!

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 7:40 am  

Great walk Kathryn - it's always the last few k's that do it!

That cocktail sounds divine. I'm not a big drinker as you know, but I spent a lot of the weekend with my mum and dad with a glass of wine in my hand! We basically emptied the Liquor Lands on the western side of Melbourne of their stock of my mum and dad's favourite WA white, "Mad Fish"!!

This will be an alcohol free week for me, I think :)

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 10:36 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Shiny Red Rewards

Weigh In Day

Reminder

I Can't Believe I Forgot...

Jumping on the favourite things bandwagon...

Waxing Thoughts

Ninjas of Shopping!

BMI = WTF

Notes

Weigh in day

archives