iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::29.5.06::

Focus

I'm totally focused today. I have goals and things... and have made me some decisions.

Firstly, Michelle got me all inspired with her talk of the Sydney City to Surf. I'd been thinking about this earlier in the year but then put it on the back burner. Now I'm all fired up and ready to go (pity it's not until August cos I might be a bit early). Hopefully I'll be able to get a cheapo flight next week and I've organised my accomodation (thank you, sister).

I've also been thinking of another race - the Melbourne Marathon. Not the whole thing, just the Half. I'm not crazy. I figure it's not until October and I can do it.

So that's the plan. The City to Surf in August and the Half Marathon in October. I wanted to go down to Tassie for the Burnie 10 (and to see my mummy) but it's on the weekend after the Melb Marathon so I don't think it will be happening. I also want to do a couple of shorter runs in between. Woohoo - I love having something to work towards and I really want to complete the City to Surf in under 100 minutes.

I had my first personal training session today - it went well but I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Mainly we chatted about my goals and issues and we are going to work mostly on weights (that's the area I slack off most in) but my trainer has done some marathon training so I'll be picking her brain about that as well.

She did pick up on one interesting thing - I have this weird thing where I can't open my legs very wide. Kinda stupid and embarassing but I didn't think any more of it. She thinks it might be the cause of my back pain last year - when I walk my hips and back take most of the load rather than my glutes. I'm going to get the doctor to check it out next time I go.

I am thinking of doing the marafun for the melb marathon (7km). So it might be good to catch up and say hi.

By Blogger Ruune, at 11:03 pm  

It's great to have something to work towards. You sound so excited in this post, good on you. I'm planning on doing C2S next year, I can't run well enough this year and it would bloody kill me!! LOL. But I might come down and cheer you on from the sidelines!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 8:36 am  

wow, half marathon! good stuff :)

By Blogger Kt, at 5:46 pm  

wow - awesome impressive goals, you really do have something to aim high for!!

By Blogger Ang, at 5:48 pm  

Just got my Virgin Blue update and the sale's on until Thursday.

Hope to see you up here!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 7:59 pm  

Excellent. So you're coming to Sydney in August too then. We'll have to try organise a dinner for the Saturday night with you and Michelle if you're up for it.

Interesting to hear about the back pain etc. You can probably do some exercises to work it then. I wonder if the yoga would help it? Backs are tricky hey, got to be careful so good to hear that you're seeing a doc.

Alrighty, I'm doing catch up...next post :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 10:04 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Sunday

Pumpkin Sage Pasta Sauce

Weigh In - 72.3

Dress

Stuffed

Love

Weigh In - 72.1

Thinking

Sunny

Resting

archives