iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.11.05::

Fun Run

The final Spring into Shape fun run was on this morning. I came home early last night, after an exhausting day of wedding dress shopping with my friend, so I could get a good night's sleep but it wasn't to be.

At 1.30 one of my housemates and his girlfriend came home for a night o' passion. I was woken by her verbal expressions of her love. I put the pillow over my head and tried to ignore it. She got louder and louder and didn't stop. Half an hour of listening to her moan like a wounded sea mammal was enough for me. I flew out of bed and explained the rules of ettiquette to them - well explained using lots of pounding and swear words.

I think it was really healthy and a sign of my growth as a person that I did this. I've always been a silent fumer, but silence fuming doesn't make people shut the fuck up. Yelling and pounding does.

At 5.00 am, the same housemate came home with his mates. They thumped up and down the hallway and talked. A lot. Luckily that didn't last long. It did raise some questions though. I think the situation had one of three explanations:

1. My housemate took his girlfriend home then went out drinking with his mates.

2. I abused the wrong housemate (but hey they got the message so it ended well) OR

3. My housemate loaned his room to one of his mates so he could get it on with some scrubber he picked up at some bar.

Hopefully I can continue my quest for recognition as being scary and a little bit psycho - it can only be to my advantage. Mostly people must learn - never, ever wake me.

So I got to the fun run this morning in less than optimal condition, met the lovely Lucinda who was recovering from a mammoth bike riding effort then walked my walk. I think I did a personal best time - woohoo! As I got to the end of the walk, I decided to run to the finish line. Well I tried but didn't quite make it. I stopped running and thought I was going to die. But I pushed myself and managed a little jog to finish.

Afterwards I caught up with Lucinda again then got a free massage. The massaging dude worked a miracle on my back. My back has been much better lately but it was like I had this big, hard ball of wool in my lower back and he untangled it all.

What a great morning - the weather is perfect, sunny with a nice breeze; the run was indeed fun; I got free socks, a free massage and I had a sausage.

Oooh, free massage! Bet you enjoyed that.

Your housemates sound very annoying, but unfortunately with uni and exams now over for the year, there'll be a bit of partying and late night goings on! It would be nice if they had a bit more respect for people who like to get to bed at a decent hour!

Good on you for going in the fun run and enjoying it! I hope to do one myself...soon!

Have a great week darl, take care :)

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 12:20 pm  

I would love to do a fun run but unfortunately we never get them in my area :o(
Sounds like very annoying housemates! Good on you for having a go at them! Fair enough too!

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 12:27 pm  

Well done on your walk/run after a night of interruptions. How annoying. Good on you for yelling and letting them know you were upset.

By Blogger Suzy, at 7:26 pm  

Earplugs, maybe?

I'm never bothered by noise myself (well, I live with my parents, who don't make any, but when I didn't I wasn't) but that was seriously thoughtless, even if it wasn't the same housemate both times. But yeah, well done on doing the fun run despite sleeplessness.

By Blogger K, at 2:51 am  

I pick option 3. Go you for letting them know how you feel. Bet they won't try that on again for a while - well not without inviting you anyway :D

Whoo hooo for your fun run activities. What a way to beat your best time. Fantastic. And to meet Lucinda in the process. That is just so much fun. Hope your back is still feeling good after the massage :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:19 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Things

Weigh In

Perfection

Sparkle

Music

Stop!

Weigh In

Writing

Thoughts and Resolutions

Things:

archives