iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::21.11.05::

Music

Because I'm bored and it's late and I can't sleep, I thought I'd post my top 10 favourite workout songs. I don't really like much dance music and mostly work out to rock. These are the songs that get me moving:

Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
Cherry Pie - Warrant
Paco Doesn't Love Me - The Spazzys
Rock N' Roll High School - The Ramones
Sheela Na Gig - PJ Harvey
Jailbreak - AC/DC
Black Betty - definitely the Nick Cave version, not Spiderbait
Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
Little Room - The White Stripes
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor. This is the best song for when you think you can't take any more. If you can quit your workout while listening to Eye of the Tiger you don't deserve to have it on your workout mix!

So what are everyone else's favourite workout songs?

My tastes in music go all over the place, but these are some of the songs that make it onto the playlist a lot:
LaGrange -- ZZ Top
Trouble in Paradise -- Sylvester
Good Vibrations -- Marky Mark
Can't Touch This -- M.C. Hammer
Love is Gonna Save the Day -- Georgie Porgie
Learn to Fly -- Foo Fighters
Outta Love -- Anastasia
Mr. Vain -- Culture Beat

I love to exercise to music. It's like starring in my own music video. :)

By Blogger not specified, at 2:04 am  

I've got lots of gangsta in my workout file - but Eye of the Tiger is there too! My ipod is almost completely full, so I often just hit shuffle and get a very odd mix!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:56 am  

Because I have been lazy and I haven't taken my Suzy Quatro double CD out of my bag I always workout to Suzy at the gym. She is great though!

By Blogger Suzy, at 8:16 am  

Eye of the Tiger would be right up there. David has a lot of dodgy mid 90's dance party CD's left over from his Year 12 days, so I often use them!
- Runaway: Real McCoy
- Protect Your Mind (Braveheart): OJ Sakin & Friends
- Smile n' Shine: Pandora
- Sexy Eyes: Whigfield
- This Is Your Night: Amber
- Jellyhead: Crush
- Right Type of Mood: Herbie

There are heaps more, but I think David has got the rest out in the garage!

A song that always reminds me of the gym though is "Paper and Fire" by John Mellencamp - All Aerobics in Hobart used to play it ALL the time in the circuit!

Hope you had a great weekend and that the writing is going well!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 10:55 am  

For a sweaty cardio session, I can't go past:
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives.
New York City Cops - The Strokes.
Lust for Life - Iggy!
Most of the first Franz Ferdinand album.
Get Free - The Vines.
All of the Jesus and Mary Chain's Psychocandy album.
Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols.
Back in Black or Jailbreak - Acca Dacca.
We're Not Going To Take It - Twisted Sister (I loved this at Fitness First!)

There are heaps and heaps more but they're not coming to mind right now :)

By Blogger Sarah, at 12:10 pm  

Hi Kathryn - firstly congrats on getting out of the obese range that is a huge achievement and something I am monitoring for my own records as well. I really like a song which I think is called "voodoo child"??not sure but it really gets me moving. I love music to work out to it really keeps me going. Have a great week.lb

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 4:20 pm  

I'm a techno head right now, though I'm slipping back into rap <3

It's awsome seeing so much diversity in the songs choices people!

By Blogger Dee, at 6:44 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Stop!

Weigh In

Writing

Thoughts and Resolutions

Things:

Saturday Night Cocktails

Shiny Red Rewards

Weigh In Day

Reminder

I Can't Believe I Forgot...

archives