iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::29.11.05::

Wish Pants

I bought a pair of wish pants (ie jeans I wish would fit me) a while back on ebay. They turned up today. They are a size 13, I wanted size 12 but I also wanted Jeans West because I currently have Jeans West jeans and wanted to know the sizing was proportional (or something like that, you know what I mean).

Lately my hip measurement has NOT changed. Not for weeks. But I don't know how accurate it is. I mean, it's all well and good measuring firm flesh but when you have a belly of such jelliness as myself it's like hitting a moving target. So I've invented a new concept in measurement. I put on the wish pants - it's a sure sign of my body's lack of proportion that they fit me perfectly in the legs - and measured from the edges of the waist band.

That gives me 28 cm to go for the wish pants to fit. So far I've lost 33 cm from my hips, give or take some cm. That means I have a long way to go although I kinda figure the weight has to come off my belly more now. After all, some bits of me have no more fat to lose. I can't even sit on wooden benches for more than 2 minutes now!

I am going to take my wish pants measurement every month until the damn pants fit. Then I will be happy and I can stop dieting and pig out on whatever I want. Only joking. Then I can maintain my weight and eat sensibly forever.

Love the idea of your "wish pants". I am sure they will fit you soon. I feel the same way about my wobbly stomach. I think that when the fat has gone from everywhere else it must eventually go from there too! I can also relate to harder seats now there isn't as much padding!
Hope your week is going well.

By Blogger Suzy, at 4:14 pm  

wish pants r a fantastic idea - i actually have a pair of those i should start using.

By Blogger Kt, at 6:45 pm  

I have some wish pants in the cupboard ... they are huge in the legs though - but the waist is tiny...well not tiny, but you get the drift.

Lucinda :)


http://www.livejournal.com/users/hermitinthecity/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 pm  

Thanks for your comments the other day. They were really great and did get me thinking. And after reading this post I know I am going to buy my wish pants tomorrow. Then I will keep trying them on and if they don't fit me by Christmas, well, then I'll just have to aim for New Years :)

Well done for tracking and getting back on top of it. After your job change (well it was!) it would have been easy just to chuck it all away but you haven't. Hope the writing is going well. :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:21 pm  

My wish pants are an old pair of courdoroy slacks I bought at the beginning of high school that I would love to be able to fit into again. Actually, I have a box or two marked "skinny clothes" that are full of stuff that I'm looking forward to wearing again someday.

By Blogger Jennette Fulda, at 3:53 am  

I also work on the theory that I will lose fat off my arms and hips eventually because after a while there will be no more fat on the rest of my body to loose. Hope it works!
I get the whole harder seat thing now too and lying in bed isn't as comfortable all the time either!
Wish pants are such a good idea! Measuring is so hard cos I always forget exactly which spot I measured last time

Have a lovely day

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 7:57 am  

i have plenty of wish pants but they are all packed away at my parents place, maybe i will have to go and unpack my favorite ones and do the same thing, great idea

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 9:01 am  

I have a wish dress. It was my year 11 formal dress, size 12 - I lent it to my aunty last year for a Christmas do, so when I got back to Tassie for New Year, I'll be asking for it back, seeing there's a slim chance (pun intended!) that it might fit me again in the near future!

Hope you're having a great week!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 1:18 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Food

Fun Run

Things

Weigh In

Perfection

Sparkle

Music

Stop!

Weigh In

Writing

archives