iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::21.12.05::

Blood

When I went into the city on Monday, I went to the diabetes shop and got some test strips for my blood sugar monitor. I am such a slackarse about these things and ran out around the middle of the year. It's just such a hassle to do these things, but necessary. So I've been measuring my blood sugar levels for the last few days and it's been around the low 4s of a morning, which is pretty damn good. I want to try to reduce my medication and that means being vigilant about measuring these things.

I had a preliminary (agency) interview for a new job yesterday. The job sounds fun and it doesn't start until the end of January which suits me fine. It was so weird having to get all suited up though. I've spent the last few weeks dagging around in trackies and cargo pants. My work clothes were getting to big for me when I finished work so were really on the baggy side yesterday. If I get this job, I think I'll need a whole new work wardrobe.

Arrrggh! Drank too much beer last night. We were drinking jugs which makes it too easy. Still I had fun. I've got lunch out today then tomorrow night we are going to CERES for dinner so I must be careful. I think I'll go light on lunch today and then have a big session at the gym before dinner tomorrow. The food at CERES is fantastic but last time I ate there, it was pretty heavy on the oil and I'd like to have what I want with no fuss, no muss. The rest of the week should be fine though.

I was going to do a lap of Albert Park Lake today before going to lunch but the weather is so hot and windy that I think I'll leave it and go to the nice, airconditioned gym tonight instead.

Almost forgot to mention, I ran into a friend of a friend who I haven't seen since about March this year. She said she'd seen me but didn't come over and say hello because she wasn't sure it was me, cos I've lost so much weight! Woohoo!

Brilliant! I love it when that happens, its such a buzz when someone tells you that, especially when they don't have to!
... and yes I will be the life of the party in my red dress, don't you worry about that!!! LOL
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 1:06 pm  

just popping in to say merry xmas! hope u have a great one & a wonderful NY!

By Blogger Kt, at 5:12 pm  

great feeling hey, especially when u can see the genuine look in their eyes...not the 'i know ur on a diet, so i better say something nice' but its the best when its someone u havent seen i ages...well done :)

By Blogger laura, at 2:02 am  

Congrats! Whoot - I am hoping I will get some reaction at my family dinner tonight - positive of course!

I'll be back early next week, so in the meantime have a great christmas and new year. It was lovely to meet you this year, and we can start running in the ny!

:)

By Blogger Lucinda, at 2:19 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Walking

Weekend

Sick and Tired

Weigh In

I am a legend!

Hairy

Fun Run

Quick Question

Electricity

Arrrgghh!

archives